Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bermane Stiverne vs. Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I told you haters wilder is quick on his feet with good reflexes and has a great jab and boxing skills

I hate to say but I TOLD YOU SO

Comment

• Originally posted by prince of pot View Post
      Cmon man. Most people thought he wouldn't make it past 2. He took some boms from Stiverne and remained standing. Give credit where credit is due.
      Actually Wilder was a not-to-small betting favorite in the fight (the Showtime announcers said it was even odds. They were BSing. It was like 1.6 Wilder to 2.54 Stivern or something like that on Bovada.)

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        Wilder took plenty of clean shots. Just stop. Give credit where it's due.
        I'm giving credit. Deontay threw the jab well and kept Stiverne at bay, but let's not make out that Stiverne landed any bombs; I recall just one right hand that momentarily stunned Deontay.

It was a pretty entertaining scrap, for the reason that Stiverne was a small moving punch bag and Deontay landed his right at will. Deontay is still a rough diamond - hopefully he'll go away and work on his footwork and keep popping the jab in future fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy Work TBE View Post
          I told you haters wilder is quick on his feet with good reflexes and has a great jab and boxing skills

I hate to say but I TOLD YOU SO
          I wouldn't call it a 'great' jab. And, wrong, YOU LOVE to say it.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
            I'm giving credit. Deontay threw the jab well and kept Stiverne at bay, but let's not make out that Stiverne landed any bombs; I recall just one right hand that momentarily stunned Deontay.

It was a pretty entertaining scrap, for the reason that Stiverne was a small moving punch bag and Deontay landed his right at will. Deontay is still a rough diamond - hopefully he'll go away and work on his footwork and keep popping the jab in future fights.

Okay, whatever. But Wilder got caught with some hard left hooks too. Whether you saw it or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
              Oh, I do give him credit. He proved he has better skills than most thought. His chin is OK, no better than Wlad's. I'm just saying he won't take a bomb from Wlad the same way, a guy that is athletic, more powerful than Wilder even and is throwing from the same height, not punching up...I think Stiverne's power was greatly blunted by the fact he throws wide shots like hooks rather than straights, and it's very hard to land those clean when the guy has a 5 inch reach advantage on you.
              Honestly, he did exceed most people's expectations. But most people's expectations were pretty damn low. He beat up a paper champ who was pretty much tailor made for him, as it turned out, and lifted his paper title. He has absolutely no chance against Wlad. I don't think he has much of a chance against the likes of Kubrat Pulev, to be honest.

What just happened is he faced the first test of his career. He's been well steered to this point. And he has some good physical attributes and has made a lot of progress, and has some good qualities. People shouldn't get carried away and think he is a threat to Wlad. now. Enjoy the victory. He fought a good fight, and showed some legitimate boxing ability. The paper belt does not mean he is a threat to Wlad. And I don't think his people are going to be phoning Wlad's people anytime soon to try to make the fight, either.

Comment

• glad I changed my mind during the last couple weeks. wilder used his reach avdavantage and took took it for the win. good for him. I had a feeling that's how it would end

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
                  I wouldn't call it a 'great' jab. And, wrong, YOU LOVE to say it.
                  Cant deny he has a nice jab, i just like proving haters wrong .

Comment

• I don't see how any shocking revelations came out of this fight. He proved he could go the distance. The only reason it was ever a question is because he had previously fought 32 stiffs, none of who could last more than 4 rounds, so it was simply a case of no one knows.

He proved he doesn't have a glass jaw. Stiverne never landed a truly crushing shot. But the only reason that was ever in question was because he got dropped by Harold Schoner one time (and legend has it he went down pretty hard--though there is no footage of the fight) (again, the question was whether he had a glass jaw or not. He didn't prove by this fight that he has a solid jaw, just that it's not glass).

He proved he had developed a respectable jab. Okay, that is a good thing. Being 6'7, and lengthy, that's a critical thing to possess. So, all that time in the gym was not for naught.

He did answer some questions. But it was more a case of the unknowns coming in. He'd simply never been tested. So nobody knew what he might be capable of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                      I don't see how any shocking revelations came out of this fight. He proved he could go the distance. The only reason it was ever a question is because he had previously fought 32 stiffs, none of who could last more than 4 rounds, so it was simply a case of no one knows.

He proved he doesn't have a glass jaw. Stiverne never landed a truly crushing shot. But the only reason that was ever in question was because he got dropped by Harold Schoner one time (and legend has it he went down pretty hard--though there is no footage of the fight) (again, the question was whether he had a glass jaw or not. He didn't prove by this fight that he has a solid jaw, just that it's not glass).

He proved he had developed a respectable jab. Okay, that is a good thing. Being 6'7, and lengthy, that's a critical thing to possess. So, all that time in the gym was not for naught.

He did answer some questions. But it was more a case of the unknowns coming in. He'd simply never been tested. So nobody knew what he might be capable of.
                      One can only agree with this.

Comment

Working...
                      X