Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bermane Stiverne vs. Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stiverne didn't want to take the risk, Wilder's punches hurt a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
      Did Wilder REALLY prove he can take a clean power punch though? Most shots that he took were with poor technique from Stiverne and wide punches that only grazed him as he leaned back. I am willing to bet anything that Wlad KO's Wilder within the first few clean power shots he lands.

Wilder has an OK chin, it isn't glass, but I think the fact he wasn't hurt here was more to do with his defence in terms of keeping the distance with his jab and head movement.
      He took 1 clean counter and a few body shots. That's it.
      Last edited by DARKSEID; 01-18-2015, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
        Did Wilder REALLY prove he can take a clean power punch though? Most shots that he took were with poor technique from Stiverne and wide punches that only grazed him as he leaned back. I am willing to bet anything that Wlad KO's Wilder within the first few clean power shots he lands.

Wilder has an OK chin, it isn't glass, but I think the fact he wasn't hurt here was more to do with his defence in terms of keeping the distance with his jab and head movement.
        Cmon man. Most people thought he wouldn't make it past 2. He took some boms from Stiverne and remained standing. Give credit where credit is due.

Comment

• Originally posted by arraamis View Post
          Exactly!!!!

He realized that Stiverne could take a hell of a shot, so from that point on, he just used his reach, height and jab to the max.
          I swear, it's easy to hate some guys but sometimes a dude gives a performance that just makes you think, well maybe I misjudged this dude , he proved ALL of the pre-fight conceptions about him wrong. He really showed more than I was expecting which was a KO win and even though he didn't KO Stiverne, he showed that he IS capable of going 12 rounds (really impressive considering that he has never seen 5 rds before) and boxing giving a situation where a guy doesn't fold under his power.

Comment

• BBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo oooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb SQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuU UUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAdDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDdDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDdddddddddddddd

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
              Stiverne: "I was 100% right before the fight, mentally prepared, but during the fight, I don't know what happened"

Dude, you got hammered by one of the hardest punching boxers in the world, that's what happened.
              Wilder was landing AT WILL throughout the fight, surely that can't be healthy. They need to take his ass to the hospital asap.

Comment

• Originally posted by prince of pot View Post
                Cmon man. Most people thought he wouldn't make it past 2. He took some boms from Stiverne and remained standing. Give credit where credit is due.
                Oh, I do give him credit. He proved he has better skills than most thought. His chin is OK, no better than Wlad's. I'm just saying he won't take a bomb from Wlad the same way, a guy that is athletic, more powerful than Wilder even and is throwing from the same height, not punching up...I think Stiverne's power was greatly blunted by the fact he throws wide shots like hooks rather than straights, and it's very hard to land those clean when the guy has a 5 inch reach advantage on you.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  I swear, it's easy to hate some guys but sometimes a dude gives a performance that just makes you think, well maybe I misjudged this dude , he proved ALL of the pre-fight conceptions about him wrong. He really showed more than I was expecting which was a KO win and even though he didn't KO Stiverne, he showed that he IS capable of going 12 rounds (really impressive considering that he has never seen 5 rds before) and boxing giving a situation where a guy doesn't fold under his power.
                  Great post Mathed!

Comment

• Originally posted by valero View Post
                    Stiverne didn't want to take the risk, Wilder's punches hurt a lot.
                    Some people must not know..Haitians have tremendous ability to not swell, like Clottey, Agbeko, etc. These dudes can take MASSIVE punishment and not swell at all but Stiverne looked pretty beaten up by the end of the fight. For a guy with those attributes to look busted up, means that he had to have taken a ton of punishment in that fight. I'm talking to a level that most people probably couldn't fathom, much less withstand.

**I know that Clottey is not Haitian but Ghanian (as is Agbeko I believe)...the point is that certain guys with African heritage have amazing resistance to swelling for some reason.
                    Last edited by mathed; 01-18-2015, 01:11 AM.

Comment

• Call me crazy but if Wilder develops a better uppercut, works a llittle bit on his inside game, mixes up the jab more to the body, using effective clinching, I think he can give Wlad a run for his money. He definitely has the power to hurt him. I can't see Wlad being able to lean on Wilder either. I'm impressed with Wilder considering this HW era is garbage lol. I'm a fan now.

Comment

Working...
                      X