Collapse
No announcement yet.

Say Carl Froch Beats Groves Again - Greater than Joe Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calzaghe would have won a fight between them. Froch goes down as the greater fighter due to a vastly superior resume.

Froch will also go down as warrior, Calzaghe, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
      Remove Dirrell and Groves from Froch's resume then we can talk lol.

Calzaghe's (close) win over Hopkins is better than anything Froch has done. They both beat Kessler, but Calzaghe won more decisively (and Froch lost the first fight). Also, Froch's shutout loss to Ward hurts him.

Calzaghe was a much better boxer than Froch anyway.
      Factoring out wins due to officiating reasons would suggest removing about half of Calzaghe's career.

Comment

Froch's already better than Calzaghe in my book.

He fought tougher competition on a consistent basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
          Factoring out wins due to officiating reasons would suggest removing about half of Calzaghe's career.
          Some of Calzaghe's knockout wins are premature stoppages, but he was never behind on the scorecards in these fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
            Some of Calzaghe's knockout wins are premature stoppages, but he was never behind on the scorecards in these fights.
            I don't know why people moan about the Manfredo fight, he was getting destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post

oh man, that was a lot of bad stoppages... never seen those. I think I have to consider Joe's greatness once again. I mean, he probably would have won every single one of those fights - but damn, thats some (many) of the worst stoppages I've ever seen.

Froch is greater IMO. Calzaghes win over Hopkins is better than any win Carl has, but Froch has faced more quality opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
                What do you think?

Froch :
                Robin Reid, Jean Pascal , Jermain Taylor , Andre Dirrell , Mikkel Kessler , Arthur Abraham , Glen Johnson, George Groves, Lucian Bute

Calzaghe :
                Chris Eubank , Jeff Lacy, Robin Reid, Omar Sheika, Peter Manfredo Jr., Roy Jones Jr., Bernard Hopkins, Charles Brewer, Mikkell Kessler
                No, yes Froch has the better resume but Calzaghe was more skilled, you see, rankings someone on an all time basis isn't all just resume, but it's also down to skill level and H2Hs, Calzaghe is on top in both regards. Also, Calzaghe was the man in his division, beating Kessler in the process.

Froch has never been able to beat the best in Ward.

Having said that, I'm more a Froch fan than a Joe fan.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  No, yes Froch has the better resume but Calzaghe was more skilled, you see, rankings someone on an all time basis isn't all just resume, but it's also down to skill level and H2Hs, Calzaghe is on top in both regards. Also, Calzaghe was the man in his division, beating Kessler in the process.

Froch has never been able to beat the best in Ward.

Having said that, I'm more a Froch fan than a Joe fan.
                  Calzaghe never fought anyone even close to as good as Ward.

Comment

No....

Joe Calzaghe fought and beat more former world champions, or fighters who went on to become World Champion...

Its a myth that he did not face good opponents, he has better wins that Carl Froch across the board!

Over proven fighters!

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      I don't know why people moan about the Manfredo fight, he was getting destroyed.
                      This.

It's been a while since I watched this fight and correct me if I'm wrong but Manfredo hadn't thrown a punch in over a minute before the fight was stopped. He was just stood there with his hands up taking punishment.

Comment

Working...
                      X