Collapse
No announcement yet.

Say Carl Froch Beats Groves Again - Greater than Joe Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calzaghe would have dominated Froch had they fought each other in their prime, that's all that matters IMO.

Comment

Bika is also a good win for Calzaghe in hindsight.

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
        Forgot Mario Veit for Joe Cal.
        Bika and Byron Mitchell

Pascal did absolutely nothing at SMW the Lacy win is a better that that.

Comment

Curious in your thoughts who wins Calzaghe vs Ward?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
            Bika and Byron Mitchell

Pascal did absolutely nothing at SMW the Lacy win is a better that that.
            No, but Pascal's a better fighter and a better win. Wins over Dawson, Bute and a draw with Hopkins eclipse anything Lacy achieved.

Ever watched Pascal v Froch? If not, you should check it out. First 8 rounds are great.

Comment

This is such an interesting topic because its very subjective.
              IMO Carls achievements in the sport are greater than Joes because he has faced the current best in the world on a far more consistent basis. Calzaghe really should have been fighting a prime Roy Jones, prime Bernard Hopkins and many more elite fighters in his era that he didn't come up against.
              Also here's something that I find interesting. There are a lot of similarities between the Froch/Groves dynamic and the Calzaghe/Froch dynamic.....when Froch was the young upstart to Calzaghe, Calzaghe did not give Froch the chance to fight him and Froch pretty much had to make a name for himself in the sport on his own. Compare that to Froch/Groves and here we are with a fantastic first fight done and now we have the biggest fight in British boxing history right around the corner. So my point is not only did Calzaghe not test himself against the best fighters of his era in their prime but he also did not test himself against the best up and coming British fighter at that time in Carl Froch. Its ironic really because I have no doubt that Calzaghe would have been way too slick for Froch(especially early on in Froch's career).
              Prime Froch vs Prime Calzaghe is a tough one. Calzaghe is without a doubt the clear favourite to win because of his boxing brilliance but if Froch caught him with a good shot he might have been the first guy to get the job done against him.
              Carls career is far more impressive than Joes though at the end of the day. That's the way I see it.

So yes. Carl is already greater than Joe and beating George again will simply add to the legacy. its not guaranteed Carl will win. Getting the win in this extremely close rematch just shows how much of a bad ass he really is.
              Last edited by l1ght; 05-07-2014, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by l1ght View Post
                This is such an interesting topic because its very subjective.
                IMO Carls achievements in the sport are greater than Joes because he has faced the current best in the world on a far more consistent basis. Calzaghe really should have been fighting a prime Roy Jones, prime Bernard Hopkins and many more elite fighters in his era that he didn't come up against.
                Also here's something that I find interesting. There are a lot of similarities between the Froch/Groves dynamic and the Calzaghe/Froch dynamic.....when Froch was the young upstart to Calzaghe, Calzaghe did not give Froch the chance to fight him and Froch pretty much had to make a name for himself in the sport on his own. Compare that to Froch/Groves and here we are with a fantastic first fight done and now we have the biggest fight in British boxing history right around the corner. So my point is not only did Calzaghe not test himself against the best fighters of his era in their prime but he also did not test himself against the best up and coming British fighter at that time in Carl Froch. Its ironic really because I have no doubt that Calzaghe would have been way too slick for Froch(especially early on in Froch's career).
                Prime Froch vs Prime Calzaghe is a tough one. Calzaghe is without a doubt the clear favourite to win because of his boxing brilliance but if Froch caught him with a good shot he might have been the first guy to get the job done against him.
                Carls career is far more impressive than Joes though at the end of the day. That's the way I see it.

So yes. Carl is already greater than Joe and beating George again will simply add to the legacy. its not guaranteed Carl will win. Getting the win in this extremely close rematch just shows how much of a bad ass he really is.
                Excellent post here lad. If I was in the green I would green K you

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
                  If we start taking away wins we start taking away Calzaghe's wins against Hopkins and Reid.
                  Calzaghe was off in that fight and still took Hopkins to school. The only reason that fight was even scored close was because its Hopkins, Calzaghe had never fought in America before. Hopkins stills cries about that fight and its obvious he's still mad because his racist ass was schooled. Calzaghe offerred him a rematch soon after but only in Europe because he didn't want to risk the pro Hopkins judges again. Not surprisingly, Hopkins turned it down and then started crying that Calzaghe wouldn't give him a fair shake for a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    Someone should put all the wins in order of best to worst, top 10 wins?

1. Hopkins (JC)
                    2. Kessler (JC)
                    3. Kessler (CF)
                    4. Pascal (CF)
                    5. Abraham (CF)
                    6. Taylor (CF)
                    7. Bute (CF)
                    8. Groves (CF)
                    9. Jones Jr. (JC)
                    10. Eubank (JC)

I think 6-4 to Froch but Calzaghe maybe ahead due to having better wins, and obviously there's Froch's loss to Kessler.
                    Good list, but you missed Dirrell, unless you're saying Froch lost that fight? Also I'd put Bika in there somewhere, in my estimation he's better than Abraham (at 168) at least.

Comment

But is he 46-0? Didnt think so

Comment

Working...
                      X