Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux HAS OFFICIALLY REPLCAED FLOYD as the BEST BOXER in the Sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Rigo is better but Mayweather has a huge group of loyal fans that will continue to say he is the best. However this fight showed that Mayweather is badly overrated by many who didn't think it was possible for him to lose more than a round or two to Maidana. Two good fights for Pacquiao and one poor showing by Mayweather and suddenly a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight is a close fight again instead of a one sided sure win for Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      What answers and adjustments did Floyd make last night?
      From Round 6 onward he did a good job of doing effective work in the centre of the ring and won 6th, 7th, 9th, 10th clearly and taking the 11th and 12th aswell and ultimately winning the fight.

What he did in the second half of the fight is ultimately what won him the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
        I'm not sure why some people are acting as if Floyd dominated the second have of the fight... Sure Floyd won rounds 6.7.9. and 10 clearly but Maidana won round 8 CLEARLY and he also won the 12th (Floyd barely threw a punch that round), round 11 was a close round. Floyd looked the worst I've ever seen him in the first 5 rounds.

Now I don't care if you think won or whatever (I personally had it Maidana 7-5), but Maidana made Floyd look like complete **** for most of the fight.
        I didn't say he dominated the second half, he didn't.

Like you said, Maidana got the 8th clearly but the 6th, 7th, 9th and 10th is ultimately what won him the fight.

I agree that Floyd didn't look good at all in this fight.

Comment

stop being dumb

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I didn't say he dominated the second half, he didn't.

Like you said, Maidana got the 8th clearly but the 6th, 7th, 9th and 10th is ultimately what won him the fight.

I agree that Floyd didn't look good at all in this fight.
            totally disagree. maidana made him fight and Floyd rose to the challenge. he looked like any other fighter would last night, challenged.

Comment

LOL Donaire was a great win, but I never rated him #5 P4P, He was always overrated and hyped up by the TR machine, still a great win over a great talent. Rigo needs to FIGHT first to prove hes the best fighter.. he needs Mares, Santa Cruz etc. I remember when people were saying Moreno was the 3rd best pure boxer behind Mayweather and Ward then Mares came and overwhelmed him. I want to see Rigo face the same adversity that Floyd did last night.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                I think Rigo is better but Mayweather has a huge group of loyal fans that will continue to say he is the best. However this fight showed that Mayweather is badly overrated by many who didn't think it was possible for him to lose more than a round or two to Maidana. Two good fights for Pacquiao and one poor showing by Mayweather and suddenly a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight is a close fight again instead of a one sided sure win for Mayweather.
                How does this fight show that Floyd is overrated? Why would people even count out Marcos Maidana? Who has whooped Maidana before? I know Alexander did but that was his first fight at 147 and he didnt even have Garcia yet who clearly made him a better fighter. Hes overrated because he fought a tough as nails never say quit fighter and was forced to earn his win? do people have short term memory.. the SAME thing was said after the Cotto fight and he went on to whoop Guerrero and Canelo.

Comment

No. ........

Comment

fraud got exposed last night and i can say now without a doubt that fraud is solid b-class fighter.

he's one of the best if you put him with the c & b level fighters.

of course he is doing a good job ducking a-level fighters.
                    Last edited by Kuyukut; 05-04-2014, 10:11 PM.

Comment

I love Rigo but dude has 13 fights in the same weight class and only fought two good opponents. Floyd has one off night where he still wins clearly and somehow he drops down? That's silly

Comment

Working...
                      X