No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather is Tested, Overcomes Maidana To Unify

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by peplz View Post
    Wow. You're delusional and very easy to impress. You're impressed by a jab that wasn't landing? You wonder what Mayweather's face would look like if the guy who was missing wildly with most of his shots had on different gloves? Excuses excuses... If Floyd was uncomfortable it was because the referee was allowing Maidana to fight dirty the entire fight. This fight was not close at all...
    Lmao, your just a f l ow m o, at the end of the day. Your talking about Maidana being dirty? Floyd tossing his elbow out in every fight he's in is not dirty? Or floyd pretending to touch gloves and sucker punching fighters like he did to Mosley, Marquez and Ortiz is not dirty? Your delusional.

The fact of the matter is, Floyd was missing a lot, he was cut, bruised up and was never in control of this fight the way he has been with most of his opponents. For Maidana this was closer to normal when looking at all of his fights. Mayweather was not working the full three minutes where as Maidana was. I don't care what the punch stats say, watch the fight again and you will see clearly that mayweather was missing most of his punches in this fight. I would much rather be Maidana then Mayweather in this fight. Mayweathers face was busted up, so Maidana was doing something right.

Floyd will probably duck a rematch with Maidana, as he's ducked many fighters. Floyd lost tonight but he got the Nod. That's boxing. Everyone knows floyd lost, and the people who are not willing to live with that, are the same people who need to Mute the T.V to give Castillo a loss to Mayweather or Bradley a win over Pacquiao..

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfan76 View Post
      More like Mayweather gets his ass kicked and handed an undeserved victory" Maidana whupped his ass no question about it, walked out the ring with a busted up face and defeated look both he and his entourage. CHINO THE REAL CHAMP!!!!!!! showtime and mayweather are a joke protecting that 6 fight contract!!! Chump and his crew got booed right the **** outta there and deservedly so!
      Yup, Chino looked like a champion in there. Floyd looked like he can eat some sloppy burgers.

Comment

• Mayweather gave the fans what they want to see. He fought Madaina's style of boxing, and despite his age, was able to absorbs the punches and still able to win. Younger fighters who beat Maidana like Alexander and Khan never dare to stay on the rope. I believe Mayweather will go back to his slick style if rematch will happen, that i would like to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
          I don't have a problem with Floyd winning.

However, he looked like **** in there. No rematch necessary. Amir Khan has got the speed and stamina to take over where Chino left off and land some of these flurries more cleanly.
          Red k for that ****ty post...youre a euro thats bias!

Comment

• Originally posted by rey guey View Post
            the outcome of this entire card was no surprise.

why a rematch??? it will basically be the same fight again.

people like getting duped I guess
            LMFAO at the idiots who wasted money on this card

L M F A O

"but floyd had a competitive fight doe"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
              On another note, Showtime did a horrible job commentating this fight. Il remember them talking about Mayweather landing all shots and they show the replay and Maidana dodged every single punch. It was kinda embarrassing for Showtime. I thought it was funny how Al Bernstein was constantly saying this was just someone's interpretation of how many punches were landed... They were showing more bias than HBO
              Right, like they weren't going crazy over Maidana throwing 8-10 wild punches and missing pretty all of them. The comentating was bad. But they weren't cheerleading. Considering they all had Maidana ahead late in the fight kinda disproves that.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                Maidana dominated most of the rounds.
                Yes he did. His stamina and work rate showed who's the tank in there.

Comment

• TBE :The Best ever? lol imagine SRL,Duran,Hearns, Hagler, ..... would've been brutal.

Comment

• I felt Floyd won the fight 115 - 113. I thought the 117 - 111 scorecard was ridiculous.
                    I'm pretty sure they'll do it again in sept because with this fight being close, a rematch may sell twice as much because those who want Floyd to lose may feel more confident they'll finally get their wish. for the record I feel a 117 - 111 scorecard will be more appropriate in a re-match because Floyd will fight different, staying on the outside and staying off the ropes.

after going through 38 pages of posts, I find that the majority of the folks who bash Floyd in these forums on a daily basis seem to be the ones that feel Maidana won this fight. too funny. the fight was close but chino did not win it. granted chino came close but in no way did he win.

One poster cited different boxing sties/columnist who felt chino won, however all of the major sporting outlets, well known boxing columnist, and ringside commentators all saw this fight in Floyd's favor. Did Floyd pay them off too?

stop letting your hate/bias cloud your judgment. I appreciate all of the posters that have the ability to objectively call a fight even when your guy/girl loses or receives preferential treatment.

hats off to chino and Robert Garcia. chino followed Robert's game plan to a tee. make it rough and dirty.

goodnight. until the next fight

Comment

• Originally posted by g911 View Post
                      Mayweather gave the fans what they want to see. He fought Madaina's style of boxing, and despite his age, was able to absorbs the punches and still able to win. Younger fighters who beat Maidana like Alexander and Khan never dare to stay on the rope. I believe Mayweather will go back to his slick style if rematch will happen, that i would like to see.
                      Nope, Floyd had no choice but to brawl. He was pushed in there like a rag doll. The freight train was coming at him. He had no choice but to gut it out.

Comment

Working...
                      X