No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather is Tested, Overcomes Maidana To Unify

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by icebergisonfire View Post
    I can say this, tougher fight than I anticipated because I thought Marcos' will would be broken. Obviously, it wasn't. That said, Floyd looked great today.

Only can Floyd be in a predicament where he's

7 years older than his competitor
    outweighed by his competitor by 17 pounds, a two weight class difference
    Land over half of his punches 54% to 26%
    Land more, cleaner punches than his competitor while throwing exactly half that of his opponent
    crazy awkward punching style

Maybe Floyd really is superman. I wanted a stoppage on cuts but I'll give Chino props, he brought the fight to Floyd. Even with all these advantages for Maidana though, Floyd still won clearly
    Yah for sure. U hit it on the head. Floyd looked impressive standing in front of a ****er. He was making Maidana miss a lot and was landing clean shots on Maidana. All the Floyd haters are talking about how Maidana beat Floyd's body up but if i'm correct it was Mayweather who hurt Maidana to the body like 3 times in the fight. Maidana didn't ever really hurt floyd to the body but Floyd made him crouch to his knees almost at a point with a jab to the body and Chino was visibly griping to the belly at a few different points. Floyd is the one who did damaging work to the body in this fight.

Comment

• Olé, Olé, Olé, Olé Chino! chino!

Comment

• Originally posted by venom715 View Post
        Streamed the fight and I thought it was deserving of a draw. There were some rounds where Maidana allowed Mayweather to steal the round in the last few seconds by getting tagged with a good punch or two right before the bell.
        Maybe my opinion changes when I watch the replay on TV. However, Pacman beats this version of Mayweather and I think Mayweather avoids that fight even more so now.
        Yup, this version of Floyd will get toast in there with Pac.

Comment

• Watch Floyd avoid the tops know with retirement excuse..

When they make or should make Keith or Shawn, Floyds mandatory, I bet you he will give up one of those belts or go into semi retirement to avoid them just like he did when he was suppose to fight cotto, margarito and PAC in their primes, not when they have foughht many battles that he, Floyd, was scared to fight at the time. You can avoid fate all your career.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
            I agree with the other post How can you say Maidana Won but Cotto didn't when Cotto had the cleaner work and actually bust Mayewather nose with PUNCHES AND NOT HIS HEAD

This true. But Floyd also busted up Cotto and had him hurt in the last round.

Perhaps the reason this fight seemed closer is because Floyd didn't do **** the entire fight. He landed a few shots here and there but nothing of significance.

I expected him to make that oh-so-famous adjustment and pick Maidana apart but it never came. Maidana looked the same after the fight the way he did entering the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by vinny2006 View Post
              I always told people, if you pressure Floyd, brawling with good to very good boxing skills, you can easily beat Floyd, because he pauses a lot to think between shots so he can land accurately. Take that away by a high energy fighter via PAC maybe, but definitely Keith or Shawn who can brawl and punch, knockout all day. Floyd avoids those boys for a reason.
              Yes he does.

And now we know why.

Comment

• I just can't help but wonder what would have happened if the referee took points away from Floyd for holding like the ref did against Khan in the Collazo fight. I wonder what would have happened if Floyd wasn't allowed to use his forearms and elbows. And I mostly wonder what would have happened if Maidana didn't have to wear pillows for gloves.

I wonder all of this and Maidana won the first 6 rounds and round 8 at least. This fight truly proved to me that compubox or whatever the system is for counting landed punches can't always be taken seriously. Maidana landed so many shots to the body and Maidana actually had some good defense in this fight, moving his head and blocking shots...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
                  This true. But Floyd also busted up Cotto and had him hurt in the last round.

Perhaps the reason this fight seemed closer is because Floyd didn't do **** the entire fight. He landed a few shots here and there but nothing of significance.

I expected him to make that oh-so-famous adjustment and pick Maidana apart but it never came. Maidana looked the same after the fight the way he did entering the ring.
                  Yup, Floyd didn't do enough. Maidana was in the driver seat all night.

Comment

• Originally posted by vinny2006 View Post
                    When they make or should make Keith or Shawn, Floyds mandatory, I bet you he will give up one of those belts or go into semi retirement to avoid them just like he did when he was suppose to fight cotto, margarito and PAC in their primes, not when they have foughht many battles that he, Floyd, was scared to fight at the time. You can avoid fate all your career.

May I just ask a question? Do you really think a coward would fight a wildman like Madiana? Seriously, i would like to know what you think.

Comment

• Chino gassed out.

Comment

Working...
                      X