Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather is Tested, Overcomes Maidana To Unify

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now do you see why floyd has been ducking pacquiao for years?

Relentless pressure and high-work rate with punches from different angels gives Floyd trouble hmmm...

I wonder which fighter does that that Floyd ducked?
    Pacquiao in 2007-2010 destroys any version of Mayweather..Pac who beat Bradley dominates Floyd tonight and getS robbed by the Vegas judges again.

Look @ Floyd's Face and Look @ Maidana's face at the end of the fight. Who really won? Imagine if Floyd didn't make Maidana wear pillows for gloves LOL?
    Last edited by Snake4380; 05-04-2014, 01:24 AM.

Comment

• People caught up in emotions, why beg Floyd for a rematch, he will just outpoint him again. The way Khan looked, that should be the guy people wanna see Floyd against. Maidana - Thurman needs to happen for than a rematch. Robbery? **** outta here.

Comment

• What puzzles me about this fight is not only the scores but more so Mayweather's previous opponents. Marcos Maidana is without a doubt a top 5 boxer but he has definitely been disregarded whether right or wrong. Beating Broner in the manner that he did brought him into the spotlight and based on his performance tonight I had the fight either a draw or a 1 point decision for Mayweather. He easily could have won by a point and I think that without a doubt a rematch is warranted. The weird angled punches definitely gave Mayweather trouble and his defensive shots did very little to slow the head first campaign of Maidana.

All that being said what does this say about Canelo Alvarez? I'll be honest I give Maidana a better chance against Mayweather than I would against Alvarez, but what does that say about Alvarez? Alvarez is bigger, stronger, faster, and younger than Maidana yet he couldn't give Mayweather any trouble whatsoever. Was there any point in the Mayweather/Alvarez fight where Floyd seriously looked troubled? This leads me to believe that a lot of Mayweather's opponents want to leave with their pride in tact or don't want to risk an embarrassing KO, how else could you explain the Mayweather/Alvarez fight being such a snoozer?

All respect to Maidana and in reality I think he did enough to win tonight but had some of Floyd's other opponents adapted this "I don't give a f**k" attitude I think he would have had many more challenging and exciting fights. Maidana took a lot of Mayweather counters but none of them seemed to faze him and he continually pressed forward and hammered Mayweather against the ropes.

I guess what I'm trying to say is in my opinion Maidana has less tools than some of Floyd's previous opponents but he is truly a guy who didn't give a d*** and went in for the kill. He nearly won and this should be a lesson for all of Floyd's future opponents....

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
          Pacman can't beat any version of Floyd...
          FRAUD dosen't agree with U...
          Why do U think he Finds Amazingly Creative Excuses to PUNK OUT???

Comment

• Originally posted by snake4380 View Post
            relentless pressure and high-work rate with punches from different angels gives floyd trouble hmmm...

I wonder which fighter does that that floyd ducked?
            Pacquiao in 2007-2010 destroys any version of mayweather..pac who beat bradley dominates floyd tonight and get robbed by the vegas judges again.

Look @ floyd's face and look @ maidana's face at the end of the fight. Who really won? Imagine if floyd didn't make maidana wear pillows for gloves lol?
            46-0......

Comment

• Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
              Madaina missed a lot props to him not gassing out but no need for a rematch Floyd should fight Thurman porter and Garcia in that order
              Thurman is still somewhat of a prospect in terms of his level of opposition, so I'll reserve judgement. Garcia is outclassed by Floyd. As for Porter, I think he beats Floyd. He can bully Floyd much like Cotto, Castillo, and even DLH was able to do at times.But he'll do it with more skill than Maidana. And he's younger and fresher, and won't tire like Cotto and DLH.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
                FRAUD dosen't agree with U...
                Why do U think he Finds Amazingly Creative Excuses to PUNK OUT???
                Give it up man nobody really even cares anymore Floyd is 37 and Pacquiao is going to be 36 let it go... this isn't 2009 it's mid 2014

Comment

• As many people now realize, this fight just goes to show how blatantly mayweather DUCKED prime Manny. Manny would have stoppped the coward mayweather, its clear as a day.

Comment

• Maidana won a very close decision in my eyes(115-113 for chino).A rematch should happen ,and i hope it does. its probably the first time since maybe cotto,that someone has given Mayweather trouble .It was a close, competitive,and interesting fight(though i think mayweather might have lost a touch of his game) i just think maidana did more to win the early rounds and some mid rounds.oh well i will watch the fight again and judge without commentary, but like you said it could have gone either way. this might seem ******(even contradictory), and you can ignore it, but i think maidana was robbed.Well i cant wait for that rematch!!
                    Last edited by ManOfSteel; 05-04-2014, 01:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                      Thurman is still somewhat of a prospect in terms of his level of opposition, so I'll reserve judgement. Garcia is outclassed by Floyd. As for Porter, I think he beats Floyd. He can bully Floyd much like Cotto, Castillo, and even DLH was able to do at times.But he'll do it with more skill than Maidana. And he's younger and fresher, and won't tire like Cotto and DLH.
                      Got to remember styles make fights Porter would end up just like Canelo he will try to box with Floyd..

Comment

Working...
                      X