No announcement yet.

The Greatness of Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
    Yeah, it was probably the worst showing of a Heavyweight Champion in the Division.
    It was a poor showing but he still dominated the second best heavyweight in the world and knocked him down several times. I would take that poor showing anytime.

Comment

• It's clearly Povetkin who initiated the clinching

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        It was a poor showing but he still dominated the second best heavyweight in the world and knocked him down several times. I would take that poor showing anytime.
        He knocked him down with an elbow and a throw down

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

It's clearly Povetkin who initiated the clinching
          Unreal. And if it was Povetkin's fault then why was it Wlad getting off with just a warning every time and it was Wlad who FINALLY lost a point?

Wlad should've lost a point every other round, seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by MouthofGold View Post
            Wlad is number 1 p4p right now. All business motives aside. He's the undisputed king of his division and he looks untouchable, can't say the same for other p4p fighters.

P4P was created to give praise to the lower weight divisions; currently were completely under appreciating the king of boxing. I wonder what if Wlad was born in America??
            I rank Wlad #3 right now as does Ring magazine, but as you said, if he was from the US, he would be dubbed as the greatest heavy of all time by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
              Unreal. And if it was Povetkin's fault then why was it Wlad getting off with just a warning every time and it was Wlad who FINALLY lost a point?

Wlad should've lost a point every other round, seriously.
              Must be bias from the ref because clearly it was Povetkin.

Comment

I rank Wlad #3 right now as does Ring magazine, but as you said, if he was from the US, he would be dubbed as the greatest heavy of all time by now.
                Keep telling yourself that troll.

Comment

No, no he would not. He's no better than Liston.

Comment

Must be bias from the ref because clearly it was Povetkin.
                    Wlad the great showing his amazing inside skills for a knockdown

Comment

Well we weren't discussing the 40s and 50s we were discussing the 70s - as your girlfriend said Sam Peter would have beaten Joe Frazier because he was bigger.

Well, he didn't beat a fat midget former middleweight and he didn't beat Eddie Chambers - but he would beat Joe Frazier?

GTFO

Not a lot lower. He's been knocked down 12 times in his career. 12 times. Some against journeymen, but you are quick to wipe that one under the carpet because it doesn't suit your agenda.

rebuttal to your rebuttal: Who did Vitali fight, other than Lewis, where he wasn't a massive favourite?

Also, WTF has Vitali got to do with this thread you muppet?

So? How many times does he need to fight Joe Frazier in order to win? That's just the dumbest argument ever. Toney was a good 10 years past his prime yet managed to arguably beat Sam Peter IN HIS PRIME (old ferocious self as you call it).

Basically a shell of his old self huh? 5 months after he fought Vitali.

Jesus you guys are dumb.
                      We are discussing the heavyweight division. Period. It's all relative.

Secondly, Wlad is 23-2 in title fight in case you didn't know. I also enjoy that it burns you up, lol.

Lastly, Peter was abused and completely destroyed against Vitali. After that fight he was no longer the confident bruiser he was prior. Every fight after that he looked average. Before that, he was very powerful and while he wasn't the best boxer ever, he did know how to land his punches and could more times than not, get to his man.

P.S. Stop acting like Toney won the first fight when he didn't. He lost. Period!
                      That doesn't mean Frazier automatically beats that James Toney either just because you think he would have. He was small and one dimensional.

Either Klitschko would absolutely toy with a guy like Frazier.
                      Sig that one b*tch.

Comment

Working...
                      X