No announcement yet.

The Greatness of Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
    Valuev was a plodding bum and did uou actually see the fight it was a freaking circus act if you think that performance by either man makes them a credible opponent you're an idiot
    Ooh look its LacedUps alt account, do you really need two accounts to argue your point lmao!

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Let me ask why that is so important? Its not a measuringstick for greatness ar all. At least not without mentioning what version of those HOF'ers they fought. Take Lummox for instance. How much does it count that he beat a shot to **** Tyson? Or Holmes beating the corpse of Ali?

Who is to say that beating a faded version of an ATG is better than beating a very good prime fighter? How can you measure that?
      Did you seriously just say that beating ATGs/HOFers isn't a measuring stick for greatness?

Resume is THE most important criteria for determining how great a fighter is. Anyone can look good fighting bums. Fighting top opponents is the best way of determining a fighter's skills.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, lists Holmes's win over Ali to be one of his best wins, or even a good win. I honestly don't know why you even brought that up.

Lewis has a better resume than Wlad. His win over Holyfield alone is better than any of Wlad's wins.
      Last edited by VG_Addict; 05-21-2014, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Why am I grasping at straws?

the guy was one of the greatest light heavyweight champions of all time.

Just because you don't know him, doesn't mean i'm grasping at straws. He's a better win than any win Wlad has on his resume.
        And you call me a troll?

I like how you completely ducked my post about Fraziers career too.

Comment

• If you think Wlad is #1 P4P, you need to watch another sport, because boxing is obviously not for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
            If you think Wlad is #1 P4P, you need to watch another sport, because boxing is obviously not for you.
            Says king meat's twin.

Comment

Did you seriously just say that beating ATGs/HOFers isn't a measuring stick for greatness?

Resume is THE most important criteria for determining how great a fighter is. Anyone can look good fighting bums. Fighting top opponents is the best way of determining a fighter's skills.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, lists Holmes's win over Ali to be one of his best wins, or even a good win. I honestly don't know why you even brought that up.

Lewis has a better resume than Wlad. His win over Holyfield alone is better than any of Wlad's wins.
              Read what I wrote once more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014
                Holyfield was past his prime.
                And Tyson was a shell of his former self. Many regard Tyson as Lewis' defining win sealing his ATG status.

And then we have this little detail that Lewis most probably also retired in order to avoid giving Wladimir a fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltz View Post
                  And Tyson was a shell of his former self. Many regard Tyson as Lewis' defining win sealing his ATG status.

And then we have this little detail that Lewis most probably also retired to avoid giving Wladimir a fight.
                  Even that version of Lewis would have knocked Wlad out.

Comment

Even that version of Lewis would have knocked Wlad out.
                    That's not certain in any way.

Comment

• ****!n Wlad, I give him his props he's made his Mark...

Comment

Working...
                      X