No announcement yet.

The Greatness of Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Aha, I would like to know that reason. Please enlighten me with your wisdom.

Yeah, Frazier - Only has multiple HOF/ATGs on his resume and was a champion in one of the strongest eras of boxing history.

Sam Peter > Joe Frazier.

40 pounds heavier.

Can't argue with facts.
    How long was Frazier's championship 'reign'? How many HOFers/ATGs did Frazier beat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
      You don't get beaten up by bums like George 'scrap iron' Johnson and knocked down by bums like Mike Bruce... Then choose to fight a guy who has legitimate power like Sonny Liston, Liston would of easily destroyed Fraziers fragile little chin.
      Right.. And Wlad was knocked down 12 times by below par opposition? Is that why he stays away from big punchers mostly?

Originally posted by Weltz View Post
      How long was Frazier's championship 'reign'? How many HOFers/ATGs did Frazier beat?
      Why did you put reign in ''? He was champ for 5 years.

He beat Ali & Foster - two ATGs.

Then he also fought two more very close fights with Ali and two more fights with Foreman.

- How many HOFamers/ATGs did Wlad fight/beat?

I'll wait...

Comment

Right.. And Wlad was knocked down 12 times by below par opposition? Is that why he stays away from big punchers mostly?

Why did you put reign in ''? He was champ for 5 years.

He beat Ali & Foster - two ATGs.

Then he also fought two more very close fights with Ali and two more fights with Foreman.

- How many HOFamers/ATGs did Wlad fight/beat?

I'll wait...
        Foster... lmao grasping at straws.

Comment

Foster... lmao grasping at straws.
          Why am I grasping at straws?

the guy was one of the greatest light heavyweight champions of all time.

Just because you don't know him, doesn't mean i'm grasping at straws. He's a better win than any win Wlad has on his resume.

Comment

• Not a huge fan of his but i respect his reign

Seriously though, how the hell are we meant to judge Wladimir's "ATG"status with the puddings he's fought?

Haye,Povetkin and Peter are his best wins ffs

Comment

- How many HOFamers/ATGs did Wlad fight/beat? I'll wait...
              I believe you can find the answer to your question in this thread. I wont go over it again and repeat myself just for you.

But hey,

So lets have a short look at the hall of fame career of Frazier.

In his second fight, Frazier right away gets floored by a dude by the name of Mike Bruce. It was in other words pretty clear that Frazier was chinny, long before facing Foreman.

Result? The Frazier management intends to protect their fighter, which translates into avoiding not few of the heavy hitters we had in the Golden Era. This means Frazier fights a lot of bums while building up his HOF/ATG career, whichever you want it. Frazier then goes on to getting floored by Oscar Bonavena 2 times, almost resulting in a TKO victory for Bonavena. Frazier instead gets a dodgy decision win.

Frazier later fights George Johnson and is handed what many believe is a gift decision after receiving a beating all night by Johnson. Frazier then beats the human punching bag George Chuvalo, as well as Tony Doyle and Marion Conner. In the meantime, Ali has been stripped of his title, but Frazier fails to participate in the 8 man elimination tourney arranged. Instead, Frazier fights the unskilled Buster Mathis and picks up a regional belt. Fast forward to Jerry Quarry, one of Fraziers career best wins.

Then the first Ali fight. Best fighter Frazier ever faced. But Ali was past prime already and was coming back after his long layoff. Ali hardly trained for Frazier on top of this. IMO Ali won the first Frazier fight, but hey, that's just me. Frazier spent 3 weeks in hospital after the fight ffs.

The rest we all know. Destroyed by Foreman twice and convincingly beat by Ali twice more. Fraziers career after the first Ali fight is mildly put unimpressive.

Is this ATG stuff???

Comment

Just because you don't know him, doesn't mean i'm grasping at straws. He's a better win than any win Wlad has on his resume.
                HW beating a LHW = BEST WIN EVER! omg!!
                Tyson Fury beat Cunningham!!

TYSON FURY ATG, TBE, GOAT!! P4P1#

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltz View Post
                  I believe you can find the answer to your question in this thread. I wont go over it again and repeat myself just for you.

But hey,

So lets have a short look at the hall of fame career of Frazier.

In his second fight, Frazier right away gets floored by a dude by the name of Mike Bruce. It was in other words pretty clear that Frazier was chinny, long before facing Foreman.

Result? The Frazier management intends to protect their fighter, which translates into avoiding not few of the heavy hitters we had in the Golden Era. This means Frazier fights a lot of bums while building up his HOF/ATG career, whichever you want it. Frazier then goes on to getting floored by Oscar Bonavena 2 times, almost resulting in a TKO victory for Bonavena. Frazier instead gets a dodgy decision win.

Frazier later fights George Johnson and is handed what many believe is a gift decision after receiving a beating all night by Johnson. Frazier then beats the human punching bag George Chuvalo, as well as Tony Doyle and Marion Conner. In the meantime, Ali has been stripped of his title, but Frazier fails to participate in the 8 man elimination tourney arranged. Instead, Frazier fights the unskilled Buster Mathis and picks up a regional belt. Fast forward to Jerry Quarry, one of Fraziers career best wins.

Then the first Ali fight. Best fighter Frazier ever faced. But Ali was past prime already and was coming back after his long layoff. Ali hardly trained for Frazier on top of this. IMO Ali won the first Frazier fight, but hey, that's just me. Frazier spent 3 weeks in hospital after the fight ffs.

The rest we all know. Destroyed by Foreman twice and convincingly beat by Ali twice more. Fraziers career after the first Ali fight is mildly put unimpressive.

Is this ATG stuff???

LacedUp and his usual BS agenda as I said Mike Bruce dropped Frazier and Frazier got very lucky against George Johnson a guy who had more losses than wins and then the Oscar Bonaveda fight...
                  What a joke lol.

Comment

You are pushing it. Foster failed at HW.

Having said that, I must say that those who are mentioning Wlad in the same breath as they mention Ali must be living on another planet.

Comment

HW beating a LHW = BEST WIN EVER! omg!!
                      Tyson Fury beat Cunningham!!

TYSON FURY ATG, TBE, GOAT!! P4P1#
                      I don't really understand what Fury's win over Cunningham has to do with anything.

Are you saying Foster = Cunningham?

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                      When were these HOF fighters actually HOF fighters...

LacedUp and his usual BS agenda as I said Mike Bruce dropped Frazier and Frazier got very lucky against George Johnson a guy who had more losses than wins and then the Oscar Bonaveda fight...
                      What a joke lol.
                      Ok - And was Wlad not dropped vs Brewster (2 times), Peter (3 times), Williamson, Sanders (4 times), Panell and Purrity?

Derp derp derp

ATG chin.

Comment

Working...
                      X