No announcement yet.

The Greatness of Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    Those fighters would never even get a title shot in today's division. Just too small.
    Tomasz ****ing Adamek is a top 10 HW.

Joe Louis is too small but Tomasz Adamek isn't?

I swear so many people in this thread don't know anything about the fighters they mention except their names.

Comment

If Wladimir hit Frazier flush, he would not get up like he did against 210 lb. 'Big' George Foreman.
      Joe Frazier weighed around 210. Foreman was 220-230 in his prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Joe Frazier weighed around 210. Foreman was 220-230 in his prime.
        Education time. I was exaggerating for effect but here's the real numbers.

1973-01-22 : George Foreman 217½ lbs beat Joe Frazier 214 lbs by TKO at 2:26 in round 2 of 15

Also, if you want to check stats, Foreman is only 6'3" and Adamek is 6'1" and commonly weighs more as a heavyweight than Foreman and Frazier did in the 70's.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Tomasz ****ing Adamek is a top 10 HW.

Joe Louis is too small but Tomasz Adamek isn't?

I swear so many people in this thread don't know anything about the fighters they mention except their names.
          Joe Louis was under 200 lbs in his prime and as you see, Adamak wasn't even competitive with Vitali when he did get his shot based on his light heavy and cruiserweight accomplishments.

Vitali would so utterly have abused Joe Louis, it would probably be called a crime.

Comment

Those fighters would never even get a title shot in today's division. Just too small.
            Yeah, those guys certainly don't match up to the Leapai's of the world

Comment

• You also say HWs are more athletic. Yeah, Leapai, Povetkin, and Arreola are real athletic.

Comment

• Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                You also say HWs are more athletic. Yeah, Leapai, Povetkin, and Arreola are real athletic.
                I didn't say that but I would say that Povetkin is very athletic and skilled. The guy knows how to throw combinations with the best of them. He's got a gold medal for a reason.

Comment

I didn't say that but I would say that Povetkin is very athletic and skilled. The guy knows how to throw combinations with the best of them. He's got a gold medal for a reason.
                  He's so skilled he went life and death with Marco Huck.

Comment

• Originally posted by One more round View Post
                    Yeah, those guys certainly don't match up to the Leapai's of the world
                    Not size-wize they don't

Comment

So did Joe Frazier. Oh but I forgot heavyweights of the past were unathletic, especially Frazier.

So where does the cut off begin where boxing somehow "evolved" as you guys love to say?

Comment

Working...
                      X