Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Access: Mayweather vs. Maidana - Epsiode 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember all of the complaining Floyd was doing about 24/7 at the end of the HBO run? He has control over what we see now, so we get a bunch of stuff about him hanging out with 10 women - the purpose of the whole thing is trying to make his ex jealous.

It just all seems real contrived whenever he tries to make it seem like he's sleeping with all these women. Aren't 90% of them on his payroll anyway?

At the end of the day, it was probably better when he didn't have as much creative control over what makes it onto these shows.

Comment

Originally posted by aaron.king View Post
      Why are you on these boards then? Seriously. I give a **** about boxing, and last time I checked, I'm in the real world. Obviously, that's why you and I are "taking the time our of our lives to express our opinions" about it. And, anyway, I'd say given the fact that he spent the better part of a summer in jail recently suggests that, though money may not be a problem, Floyd does indeed have "a care in the real world."
      I like boxing, i like discussing it on this forum with other fight fans. Does it mean anything in the real world, no, I do not believe it does. From a business standpoint, yes, it contributes to the economy when big events are held, but in the real world, I care about feeding my family and getting the best experiences out of my life lol. Boxing would not drive me to go to the wild card gym, and hang a "take the test" sign lol, that shit makes for good conversation, but I have a life lol. This is boxing.

Comment

This is by far Floyd's worst All Access / 24/7.

As someone else said it's like watching Cribs. It's cool Floyd, we get it. But damn man "turn it off"

Comment

Very entertaining.

For the life of me I cant understand how someone could not respect both Floyd and Manny. I mean as boxing a boxing fan first and foremost I believe these 2 are the best of their generation. Floyd is number one because he worked his way up their just like Manny. Neither guy just woke up one day in the position they are in and to me they can both act any damn way they want to because they are both still working hard to give us a good show.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            This is by far Floyd's worst All Access / 24/7.

As someone else said it's like watching Cribs. It's cool Floyd, we get it. But damn man "turn it off"

Comment

Fascinating as always. I hope Money isnt taking Maidana lightly. It has the air of Tokyo about it.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                You're damn right

Comment

I was also quite annoyed with Floyd with all the showing off. He has done it a million times and I mean its great for him, but there is gotta be something else he can show us about his life. The Maidana part made the episode cuz you never get to hear about that guy's personal life, so that was cool.

Comment

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
                    I like boxing, i like discussing it on this forum with other fight fans. Does it mean anything in the real world, no, I do not believe it does. From a business standpoint, yes, it contributes to the economy when big events are held, but in the real world, I care about feeding my family and getting the best experiences out of my life lol. Boxing would not drive me to go to the wild card gym, and hang a "take the test" sign lol, that shit makes for good conversation, but I have a life lol. This is boxing.
                    What do you think constitutes "the real world"? There are things beyond subsistence to which we assign value because they imbue our lives with pleasures unique to our condition of self-consciousness. You can talk about this in terms of momentarily escaping the hell of reality, in the way that Schopenhauer and Nietzsche did, in which case boxing (and sport) might serve us as art and opera did them. Surely, you understand this -- you acknowledge that part of caring for your family is not just feeding them, but giving them the best experiences in life. Well, those experiences needn't be profound or important. I think you'd agree that your time as a boxing fan has made your life more enjoyable, and that, to me, is as real as anything else.

That said, I'm glad you don't act like a ****tard and harass fighters like the "take the test" crowd or those drunken idiots yelling at Floyd in Vegas. In that case, some perspective is definitely needed.

Comment

Originally posted by 22k View Post
                      Remember all of the complaining Floyd was doing about 24/7 at the end of the HBO run? He has control over what we see now, so we get a bunch of stuff about him hanging out with 10 women - the purpose of the whole thing is trying to make his ex jealous.

It just all seems real contrived whenever he tries to make it seem like he's sleeping with all these women. Aren't 90% of them on his payroll anyway?

At the end of the day, it was probably better when he didn't have as much creative control over what makes it onto these shows.
                      I agree with u 100%! Floyd is BUTT HURT becuz Ms. Jackson dumped him and Floyd has been begging for her to come back, but she won't. Floyd doesn't like the idea of her being here in LA and messing with Nelly now. He's not use to people turning him down and his lil feelings are hurt.

Comment

Working...
                      X