No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Team Lebedev Apologize, Jones Ruins His Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McLeechin View Post
    If that's the case, he technically attacked Americans, not Panamanians (he thought Jones was American if he said that).
    He obviously never watched Rocky 4

Comment

I never thought there could be an uglier athlete then former major league outfielder willie McGee. denis lebedev may have passed willie for that title...

Comment

Originally posted by McLeechin View Post
        If that's the case, he technically attacked Americans, not Panamanians (he thought Jones was American if he said that).
        Not really, only in the USA and English speaking countries they call Americans to those people born in the USA, but I. The rest of the world (that don't speak english) we basically know that Americans are all the people born in the American continent and obviously it includes Panama. So I think that's what Lebedev was talking about.

Comment

Lebedev is no fair fighter himself. Look at his sucker punch on RJJ (5:07)

http://youtu.be/PU2Nfz6PCE0?t=5m

Comment

Jones is an idiot. Colossal idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post

Lol... you cry about this in every related thread. Lebedev stopped punching so Smoger would stop the fight, but since Smoger wasn't going to stop it, Lebedev was forced to throw another punch. Smoger then watched Roy fall face first to the canvas.

Comment

Protect yourself at all times, Roy.

Comment

The article says that Lebedev commented, "Americans (Panamanians) can just not fight honestly."
                  Is Mariusz Wach from the Americas?

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                    Lol... you cry about this in every related thread. Lebedev stopped punching so Smoger would stop the fight, but since Smoger wasn't going to stop it, Lebedev was forced to throw another punch. Smoger then watched Roy fall face first to the canvas.
                    Exactly. Lebedev knew Jones was done and out on his feet and looking at Smoger but Smoger wasn't stopping the fight. Lebedev didn't want to do it and looked at Smoger and then reluctantly punched Jones. If anyone is to blame, it's Smoger. Lebedev just did what he had to do to get the stoppage.

Comment

Good report thanks.

I didn't know that this was actually the third time for Jones. He should be ashamed of himself. Poor Lebedev. All the training for nothing. I feel sorry for the russian fans and organizers as well. Huge letdown.

They did the right thing though. Hopefully this is a deterrent that prevents similar cases in the future and enhances the use of random testing before fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X