Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you remember when you first heard about Mayweather and Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you remember when you first heard about Mayweather and Pacquiao?

it might have been earlier, but i remember hearing about mayweather in 2003 during angel manfredy vs courtney burton fight because the commentators mentioned that mayweather had beat manfredy by ko

and it was the same year 2003 when i first heard of pacquiao because he fought barrera. i had already watched barrera fights since he beat hamed in 2001 (or maybe even before this) so i tuned into this 2003 fight and was introduced to pacquiao..

Heard of him but first time I saw Pacquaio fight was Ledwaba.

Heard of Floyd pretty much as soon as he turned pro but first time I saw him either Hernandez or Manfredy can't really remember but late 90's.

Comment

Pacquiao, 1st Barrera fight.

Floyd, Fight night Kings 2001. Then I actually saw him fight against Chavez or Castillo. Forgot which one. I know it was on HBO.

Comment

i knew of floyd from the atlanta olympics, I was 15 so that summer I was big on the games. I missed a lot of his early pro fights - it must have been the Hernandez fight that was my re-introduction.

the old man took me to oscar-Castellijo so i saw the Pac-ledabwa. I had no idea who he was before that, or how far he would go. I didn't even realize that was the same guy, the same Manny Pacquiao, until youtube came around and I watched that fight again. A definite "oh ****" moment

Comment

I knew Floyd when he fought in the Atlanta games when he won the bronze. Pacquiao when he destroyed ledwaba in an Oscar de la Hoya undercard. It was against castillejo if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Pac when he fought barerra... any may I dont remember... gatti is the earliest fight I can remember but it must have been before that.

Comment

Heard about floyd always through promos saw him actually fight against Gatti in 05.
              Heard and saw Pac fight for the first time in the Lewis vs Tyson undercard in 02.

Comment

Pacquiao was either Agapito Sanchez or Ledwaba. He had a fight on HBO before Barrera I that was eye opening.

Mayweather I saw in his pro debut or second fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Heard of him but first time I saw Pacquaio fight was Ledwaba.

Heard of Floyd pretty much as soon as he turned pro but first time I saw him either Hernandez or Manfredy can't really remember but late 90's.
                  First time I saw Floyd was on ESPN, I was still in highschool and I remember they were writing about him in the paper about how he was one of the highly touted prospects and how he was robbed of the chance at a gold medal. I also remember using Floyd on knockout kings the video game lol, old school. Man times have changed, Floyd used to be this smiling happy polite good kid, he never cussed at all, his post fight interviews he was smiling I used to think he would be the next sugar ray leonard, he could have been the beloved guy. I think Arum ruined him kinda, Arum never pushed him the way he pushes Bradley now or Pacquiao. If Arum pushed Floyd maybe Floyd wouldn;t have been a bad guy with bitterness maybe he would have been the hero and beloved American boxer/

First time I saw Pac was against Ledwaba on the undercard of Oscars fight, but I remember most was his orange hair and he was smiling to the ring and learning he was a late replacement on only two weeks notice. I was laughing hard and saying damn this Asian guy must be high or something, doesn't he know Ledwaba is about to whoop his ass? Dude Pac was smiling and waving walking to the ring. After the fight I was left speechless this little asian dude was something unreal he was a destroyer I couldn't believe it, I remember Lampley and Merchant saying they never heard of him but after that they want to see him and again, that was the fight he won a hbo contract.

Back in those early 2000's Pacman was the most loved fighter on these message boards, I remember when I used to read these forums in 04 and 05 everyone was praising Pacman, he was the one boxer that everyone loved big time only a small handful of them hated him. Also there was no Flowmos here, only a few hardcore Floyd fans. The Flowmos came here when 24/7 came about and they ruined this forum along with youtube they kept saying *******s dont know **** bout boxing and how pactars were the worst fans, yet these idiots just started watching boxing in 2009 or something when Floyd was on 24/7 and never heard ofManny before.
                  Last edited by hectari; 04-10-2014, 09:14 PM.

Comment

i think the first time i heard of manny was against barrera or morales, i remember that the ad in the tv channel that was broadcasting the fight used "sad but true" from metallica, that promo was bad ass

Comment

Working...
                    X