Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you remember when you first heard about Mayweather and Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by George Orwell View Post
    da fuq....there are some people under 20 years old here
    Most are, including yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      I agree with others here about Olympic boxing. Back int he 90s when I was young I used to know the entire Olympic boxing team, I still remember Floyd and Vargas, they were highly touted. i think it was because NBC or ABC still covered the amateur finals on TV to make the Olympic team.

Funny thing about that 96 team was when Vargas said he idolized De La Hoya, man he went from looking up to Oscar to hating him.

Also last class I really cared about was the one with Brian Viloria I think it was the 2000 games, he was called the Hawaiian punch and had a baby peach fuzz mustache on lol. And Jermain Taylor was on the team too.

the last Olympic boxer i gave a **** about after they turned pro was Ward...i didn't even realize that Wilder was an Olympian til someone mentioned it...i stopped caring about the ams many years ago

Comment

I found out about Floyd when he fought Manfredy. See, Angel used to come out to the Gary P.A.L gym in Gary, Indiana and watch some of us train and spar, he was like the hero around that time. We got to watch him train and he let us know who he was fighting and I remember thinking, The big homie Angel gon fuck em up........been a Mayweather fan ever since lol

The first time I saw Manny was on the Tyson/Lewis bill, I didn't start paying attention until the 2nd Marquez fight.

Comment

Working...
        X