No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Confident Pacquiao-Bradley Breaks 1 Million Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
    I think it will do around 450k or maybe lower.
    Damn

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
      Arum pulling a "Schaefer" here.

600-800K
      I personally wouldn't call it that but that is mainly because it would go back way before him, not because he doesn't do stuff like that.

Numbers I say that is the real range, but still very good especially at the top end.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        No one cares about ppv sells anymore on here
        Yup, Larry is right. Floyd's already used up that roadblock! It's time to move on to Floyd's latest and greatest roadblock(s)

Comment

No way this joke of a ppv does anywhere near a million buys. It needs an undercard. Any undercard. Any undercard other than the one it has now.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
            I think it does a million easy. 375k was very good for Bradley-JMM. After the third JMM fight, pac had lost his "threat to Floyd" fanbase. But now, he's managed to convince many of those folks "he's back" after the Rios fight. And I think the numbers will reflect that.
            It'll prob do similar to first if not worse tbh...650k sounds about right. 700k was the number on the first and while Bradley gained a bit of stock Pac has lost some. It's a good match-up but the names aren't what they once were. Most of my "casual" friends said they'll just watch the highlights on espn later that night.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
              The rivals are amateurs. GBP/SHO's new VP, they're being suckered by the Greedy Team. They spend gargantuan amounts of money on promotion, undercards, not to mention Money Mayweather's $40 million guarantee. Man, who would make a profit with that huge amount of spending? That's equivalent to SHO's two year budget. No wonder most of GBP/Haymon fighters have been dormant. They've spent all their money on making Floyd look good on paper. They're getting crumbs from the Greedy Team.

They have no money for Star vs Star types of fights. They can only afford Star vs Bum types... Alexander has been calling out Guerrero, who people say ducked Thurman. In reality, they can't afford such fights.
              Please don't post if you have no clue about the business.

The network doesn't pay for priomotion and marketing of a PPV. The promoter does.

And everyone knows Floyd doesn't get $40m for every fight.

If SHO was having money problems, they wouldn't be outbidding HBO for fighters like Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                i think the fact there has not been many big fights lately to get people boxing juices flowin will make an impact no matter how bad or good it does. I do expect it to reach 1 million my friend who has not watched a fight since then is saying he will be here to watch this one cause he was so mad last time when pac lost
                That's the thing right there, this fight ACTUALLY has a narrative. It's not Pac vs Who?, or Pac shakes the rust off. On the flip side of that Bradley has managed to raise his profile and win some sympathy and grudging respect. I don't care all that much what the buys are, but they should be high, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                  No way this joke of a ppv does anywhere near a million buys. It needs an undercard. Any undercard. Any undercard other than the one it has now.
                  His fighs have sold a million or close to a million with crappier undercards than this

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
                    Please don't post if you have no clue about the business.

The network doesn't pay for priomotion and marketing of a PPV. The promoter does.

And everyone knows Floyd doesn't get $40m for every fight.

If SHO was having money problems, they wouldn't be outbidding HBO for fighters like Stevenson.
                    Yeah. They're living beyond their means. They recruited Mayweather with the hope of making truckloads of money. What they got was like a refrigerator without a freezer, and you still have to buy a separate freezer. Mayweather had to be promoted heavily and supported with expensive undercards. Bottom line is, there's no evidence that SHO is profiting from it. HBO made the right decision.

I'm a SHO subscriber. Fights are getting rare. Mayweather is on PPV not Showtime. GBP got tens of fighters, around 90, yet where are they? Their stars now fight once a year. You give them bums they'll fight maybe five times a year. So expect to see less and less Star vs Star types of fight from GBP. They have no money.

Comment

Originally posted by Rezelby View Post
                      in before fl0mo's and their finance degrees come in and start telling us how wrong bob is
                      A promoters fanboy!!

Comment

Working...
                      X