Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Confident Pacquiao-Bradley Breaks 1 Million Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the good thing about TR/HBO collaboration is that, whether they achive the 1 million mark or not, they're not losing money. Why, because they are pros in the business. They don't spend like drunken sailors on promotion and undercards.

The rivals are amateurs. GBP/SHO's new VP, they're being suckered by the Greedy Team. They spend gargantuan amounts of money on promotion, undercards, not to mention Money Mayweather's $40 million guarantee. Man, who would make a profit with that huge amount of spending? That's equivalent to SHO's two year budget. No wonder most of GBP/Haymon fighters have been dormant. They've spent all their money on making Floyd look good on paper. They're getting crumbs from the Greedy Team.

They have no money for Star vs Star types of fights. They can only afford Star vs Bum types... Alexander has been calling out Guerrero, who people say ducked Thurman. In reality, they can't afford such fights.

Comment

He predicted 800k for Pac-Rios.

Comment

i think the fact there has not been many big fights lately to get people boxing juices flowin will make an impact no matter how bad or good it does. I do expect it to reach 1 million my friend who has not watched a fight since then is saying he will be here to watch this one cause he was so mad last time when pac lost

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          Why would Floyd fans care?
          you're right, they are not floyd fans. just idiots. thanks for the correction

i have too much respect for the sensible floyd fans to group them together

its pretty sad some dudes in here are praying for a PPV to fail

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
            there goes bob inflating those numbers again......i thought he said the first fight did 700k.
            890k is the official number from HBO

The first bout generated approximately 890,000 pay-per-view buys, according to Mark Taffet of HBO PPV.
            http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...ial-fight-2012

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
              And the good thing about TR/HBO collaboration is that, whether they achive the 1 million mark or not, they're not losing money. Why, because they are pros in the business. They don't spend like drunken sailors on promotion and undercards.

The rivals are amateurs. GBP/SHO's new VP, they're being suckered by the Greedy Team. They spend gargantuan amounts of money on promotion, undercards, not to mention Money Mayweather's $40 million guarantee. Man, who would make a profit with that huge amount of spending? That's equivalent to SHO's two year budget. No wonder most of GBP/Haymon fighters have been dormant. They've spent all their money on making Floyd look good on paper. They're getting crumbs from the Greedy Team.

They have no money for Star vs Star types of fights. They can only afford Star vs Bum types... Alexander has been calling out Guerrero, who people say ducked Thurman. In reality, they can't afford such fights.

I had asked writer Dan Rafael this very same question on one of his chats. I asked if it was true that Showtime was losing money. He said, that according to Showtime, they were not losing money as people were saying. And even if they were they had CBS the parent company financially backing them up. So who freaking cares if they're really losing money if CBS is willing to cover it.

And what do you mean dormant? Matthysse, Thurman, Broner, Mayweather, Khan, Maidana, Hopkins, Canelo, Lara, and many others are coming back in late April/May, and in all likelyhood will be back in the fall.

Not every fight is on the stage of a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight and not all fights have to be made 6 months in advance.
              Last edited by JJRod; 04-10-2014, 12:55 PM.

Comment

The numbers don't really matter much to me. I just hope it's a good fight and we get a definitive winner. That's what really counts.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                  I had asked writer Dan Rafael this very same question on one of his chats. I asked if it was true that Showtime was losing money. He said, that according to Showtime, they were not losing money as people were saying. And even if they were they had CBS the parent company financially backing them up. So who freaking cares if they're really losing money if CBS is willing to cover it.

And what do you mean dormant? Matthysse, Thurman, Broner, Mayweather, Khan, Maidana, Hopkins, Canelo, Lara, and many others are coming back in late April/May, and in all likelyhood will be back in the fall.

Not every fight is on the stage of a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight and not all fights have to be made 6 months in advance.

Because Floyd Mayweather headlines with them. If not for this fact, most of them would care less or probably be praising Showtime. Caring so much about a corporation's finances that they don't even own any stock in.

Comment

I thought about getting this fight but Ive gotten pretty used to streaming now. I know my friends will be streaming as well. so if this ends up at a million buys Id be shocked, the undercard is crap and all the bs from the first fight im sure scared some casuals away

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                      lmao that guy had me dying when I saw the video. and I don't think Floyd fans care that much if it sells 1 mil. if anything that's good for the sport. im a big Floyd fan and I wish pac all the best. everyone on here acts like you have to choose one side or the other. I will continue to support both guys

Comment

Working...
                      X