No announcement yet.

Johnson will upset Stevens

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by porknchili View Post
    I saw Tureano Johnson on the Golovkin-Proksa card live. He was getting busted up/hurt left and right and got a lucky doctor stoppage over a crappy journeyman. I was laughing at how crappy he was, that's how bad he is.

Stevens should stop him easily and early.
    Oh shoot... I was there... how do I not remember this?

I get what Dan is saying though in relation to giving Stevens room and stuffing him

Comment

Stevens murders him no problem

Comment

I honestly don't see it. Whilst Steven has come up short a coupla times his level of opposition has been so far above Johnsons it's not even funny. Of course, just cos Johnson hasn't yet fought anyone it doesn't mean he ain't good, but as has been pointed out, he has shown vulnerabilities of his own against far lesser opposition than Stevens.

I actually think Stevens has found his best weight at 160 and would give him a very real chance against most of the guys in the division - unless Jones is something far more special than he's proven to date Stevens wins, and I suspect by T/KO.

Comment

stevens is the 2nd best middleweight in the world. no one beats him but golovking.

Comment

If he can smother him and take away as much of his offense as he can, he could have soe success.... but I still have Stevens

Comment

Good call on this one. Everything you said pretty much happened. Stevenson only displayed a left hook.

Bad stoppage imo. Johnson was hurt but not THAT hurt.

But good call and analysis.

Comment

That was some B.S is my initial reaction. I'm gong to wait to redownload to see if what I think happened

Comment

Bad stoppage without a doubt

Comment

Decent call.

I thought the stoppage was early, but can't complain too much, Johnson was badly hurt.

Comment

Props to Dan, great call. Unbelievable ref stoppage

Comment

Working...
                      X