No announcement yet.

Johnson will upset Stevens

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson will upset Stevens

Not sure how anybody could have such a club-footed, one-dimensional guy as a 4/1 favourite over any fighter with a chin and some boxing ability

Lets be fair, Stevens either catches you in 1 with a left hook or spends the duration waddling around like a penguin with a bad case of the ****s.
    Honestly though why does he drag his back foot like that?

He has a good left hook, good timing but he doesn't hit anywhere near as hard as people claim. His power comes from his speed, hes not heavy handed.

Tureano Johnson was an amateur stand out, in fact he boxed at the olympics losing out to Kanat Islam (Kazakh stand out, up & comer who is blitzing everything in his path)

Stevens should not be such a favourite IMHO, he has a punchers chance & nothing more!

I've seen enough of Stevens against pressure and guys who can take his power. Tureano knows he only has one punch to look out for.

He has been out for a year but still as long as he don't get caught cold, Tureano Johnson for the upset.

You seen the guys Johnson has fought? He's also coming off a 1 year lay-off against a fast starter. Doesn't counter punch. Wide shots. Hits sometimes with inside of glove. No jab.

How many points you wanna bet?

Stevens has power. He's knocked out guys at super middle.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
      You seen the guys Johnson has fought? He's also coming off a 1 year lay-off against a fast starter. Doesn't counter punch. Wide shots. Hits sometimes with inside of glove. No jab.

How many points you wanna bet?

All of them - Stevens wins I will send you them all.

All Stevens has is a punchers chance early on. He is ****

Comment

I think Stevens boxing skills are decent

Tureano though.... I just don't see anything that could bother Stevens. Maybe I'm not watching the right fights, but he's up in his opponents chest and Stevens likes that. Not much out there on him though.

If he outlasts Stevens and bring him to the later rounds, he'll be in good shape and make things interesting.... but I think Stevens has power down in MW.

I haven't seen enough of Tureano to convince me he'll win. I know he was a former Olympian...but I haven't seen enough.

Could be an unknown surprise.... and wtf is up with Kanat?

Comment

Riiight. My 4,300,000,000,000 trillion to your 1,300,000,000,000 trillion... deal?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            All of them - Stevens wins I will send you them all.

All Stevens has is a punchers chance early on. He is ****
            Your 500bil to my 2 tril ?

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
              Your 500bil to my 2 tril ?
              Good. I'll take everything else he has.

Comment

Have you watched much of Johnson Dan? I have never seen him but I heard an interview with him and he says he comes to fight, and that should suit Stevens.

A year out of boxing is a long time considering how active Stevens has been.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  Have you watched much of Johnson Dan? I have never seen him but I heard an interview with him and he says he comes to fight, and that should suit Stevens.

A year out of boxing is a long time considering how active Stevens has been.
                  I don't know the extent of his boxing ability. The fights i've seen were KO's and he was rushing the guy.
                  That is clearly what Stevens would want.

So, I don't know if that's how he fights or if that's how he fought with the guy.
                  Also don't know the extent of his ability, but if he fights like that, he's getting KO'd

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    I think Stevens boxing skills are decent

Tureano though.... I just don't see anything that could bother Stevens. Maybe I'm not watching the right fights, but he's up in his opponents chest and Stevens likes that. Not much out there on him though.

If he outlasts Stevens and bring him to the later rounds, he'll be in good shape and make things interesting.... but I think Stevens has power down in MW.

I haven't seen enough of Tureano to convince me he'll win. I know he was a former Olympian...but I haven't seen enough.

Could be an unknown surprise.... and wtf is up with Kanat?

He will get on his chest and take chunks out of Stevens who needs room to punch then again he could just opt to outbox him. Beats him however he wants imo, there is nothing special about Stevens or the utter bums he has bowled over. His opposition have been nothing but guys skillless journeymen with glass chins.

Is he still being inactive? Seemed maybe to active before lol

Comment

Working...
                    X