Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did GGG not fight Ward the lineal champ at 168 but choose Chavez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Again not sure why the callouts bother you so much. Any #1 contender should be calling out the champ.
    Golovkin's callouts aren't really bothering me. His fans are bothering me. They're crossing a whole different line of nonsense.

And not just any #1 contender, any contender no matter how fringe should be calling out the champ. That includes Golovkin when he moves up to super middleweight.
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 03-27-2014, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      He's never fought above 160 and his first fight at 168 should be against the best in the division?

He's at least entitled to test the waters first, Larry. Who's to say the winner of GGG Chavez Jr won't fight Ward?
      funny how that only applies to some fighters though, isnt it?

broner wasnt allowed to test the waters at 147 even though he came up all the way from 135 where he only had one fight, noooooo. he was cherry picking a feather fisted paper titlist and if anyone ever pointed out what i just mentioned they were a nuthugger.

Comment

• Well it's his first fight at 168. Jr is a fighter with a good name and brings a good pay day. Plus the network wants it. I certainly believe the winner should fight Ward though. Let's be honest too, GGG would probably lose to Ward. Chavez Jr. is an easier fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaskedMurderer View Post
          lol thread will have some merit if ward was able to even contractually fight but he cant. Ward probably will be tie up all year in legal issues and not fight you think GGG or Chavez or HBO will wait around for him. NO.

Theirs your answer.
          According to OP, Ward is done suing Goosen.

Even then, he'd rather have Chavez Jr

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            Ggg moves up for the money fight then goes back to 160 no problem. Floyd goes to 154 for money and people complain he needs to fight 160 pounders and Lara lol. Everyone on here is a walking contradiction
            Oh..I shoulda guessed..a Floyd apologist...I've never said or even suggested FMJ should fight Golovkin. Why the hell does it bother you if other people do though?

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™
              Having the right to do something doesn't necessarily make it the best decision.

While GGG is certainly entitled to call out the man at the weight, would it be the best move for his career? I'd say playing it smart would be. He should see how his body handles the weight, how his speed and power carry through first, before putting his record on the line against a fighter the caliber of Ward at a brand new weight.

It doesn't make him a *****, it makes him smart.
              If the standard we're going to put on Golovkin is "What's the best move in his career?", then Golovkin fans should shut the hell up about Martinez doing what's best in his career. It's pretty obvious to me fighting Golovkin directly after surgeries and layoffs isn't the smartest thing in the world, yet screams of duck are still heard.

I've said in the past that Golovkin not fighting Ward right away is fair enough (I don't even care for the fight), but Golovkin's claim to fame is being the most fearless man in the world that would fight anyone from 154 to 168 anytime and anywhere. That's how he was marketed. They said it. Not me.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                funny how that only applies to some fighters though, isnt it?

broner wasnt allowed to test the waters at 147 even though he came up all the way from 135 where he only had one fight, noooooo. he was cherry picking a feather fisted paper titlist and if anyone ever pointed out what i just mentioned they were a nuthugger.
                He did test the waters against unranked Maidana, who had no credentials at ww. He failed though

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  Golovkin's callouts aren't really bothering me. His fans are bothering me. They're crossing a whole different line of nonsense.

And not just any #1 contender, any contender no matter how fringe should be calling out the champ. That includes Golovkin when he moves up to super middleweight.
                  Well as of right now ggg is unranked at 168 and #1 contender at 160 and you seem very upset hes going after the champ in his division

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    Why did he not fight the best guy at 168? and don't talk to be about business and money because according to this forum that should not matter
                    He followed the mayweather business moto.
                    Ward gets GGG 2.5M/promoter issues / a guy with no ppv history

Chavez gets him 4M Likely, can be signed tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      He did test the waters against unranked Maidana, who had no credentials at ww. He failed though
                      wow.. everything about that is wrong. hid first fight at ww was against paulie, for which he got very criticized. maidana was a fight thefans asked for and broner merely obliged. maidana did have credentials at the weight toom he knocked out josesito lopez and soto-karass.

Comment

Working...
                      X