Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did GGG not fight Ward the lineal champ at 168 but choose Chavez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robust_ View Post
    GGG saying he wants to fight the winner of cotto-martinez is more bothersome if he's moving up to 168. He should fight ward after chavez imo. I can't be upset w/ a sergio fight instead of ward doe.
    He's not moving up permanently though, he's moving up for one fight before moving down again, probably to face Martin Murray unless Martinez puts his head above the pa****t.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      Why are you acting like Golovkin was offered the Ward fight? HBO don't want that fight, Ward doesn't want that fight so it's not an issue (butthurt flomos aside).
      I didn't want to repeat this anymore here: Ward is calling GGG periodically in the media, but Ward didn't come with an actual offer whatsoever. It's likely he really can't, as long as he has those "promoter issues"...

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        So why are other fighters based by the same posters who accept this **** fight?
        What are you actually asking? Are you saying that GGG - JCC jr is it a s#it fight? I'm pretty happy with it myself...decent step up for Golovkin.

Comment

• GGG doesn't have to be ashamed to want a lot of these things.
          Only his haters, who I'm sure would work for minimum wage and
          their so-called "honor" instead of making a smart business decision.

Anyway, IMO he doesn't deserve to fight Ward until he's fought a serious
          SMW...and Chavez comes into the ring around 175.

FFS this is like people hating on Mayweather for not fighting middleweights.

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            Why did he not fight the best guy at 168? and don't talk to be about business and money because according to this forum that should not matter
            Because it's a good fight that people want to see. Me personally, I prefer Golovkin to fight someone in his division and Chavez to fight Froch. This ain't none of that pity pat run bullshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
              GGG doesn't have to be ashamed to want a lot of these things.
              Only his haters, who I'm sure would work for minimum wage and
              their so-called "honor" instead of making a smart business decision.

Anyway, IMO he doesn't deserve to fight Ward until he's fought a serious
              SMW...and Chavez comes into the ring around 175.

FFS this is like people hating on Mayweather for not fighting middleweights.

Ain't got a problem with your post, but just for accuracies sake; JCC Jr would come to the ring at 185 when he was fighting at MW - I wouldn't be surprised if he's close to 190 as a SMW. I'm expecting him to have close to 20lbs on Golovkin on the night.

Comment

• why cant people enjoy an awesome fight instead of freaking out how much money is on a fighters check??? maybe some people should head into banking??

Comment

• "don't talk about money" lol, so if the reason is money and fans don't care about what fighters make, then Golovkin can't take money fights?

man you're one of the biggest morons on here

Comment

• Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                    why cant people enjoy an awesome fight instead of freaking out how much money is on a fighters check??? maybe some people should head into banking??

I've a feeling there's already plenty of Bankers on NSB.

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                      Funny thing is ggg will go running back down to 160. And no one will even complain lol. Hypocrites
                      So what you basically saying is floyd goes to 154 to fight the weaker competition then runs back to 147 to avoid the real threads?

Comment

Working...
                      X