Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did GGG not fight Ward the lineal champ at 168 but choose Chavez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    Golovkin didn't duck Ward for Chavez because Ward has legal issues, but it's all awfully convenient. Before the Chavez fight was being discussed, team Golovkin said they were going to unify the division before moving up whenever Ward was mentioned. Then Golovkin sneakily moves while Ward is looking away. And at the same time, they're screaming that Martinez and Quillin are ducking him and the fights will never happen, but when Ward is mentioned, the fights will definitely happen all of the sudden.
    There's the small matter of "down the line" Ward not wanting to fight Golovkin either. Ward wanted to fight Chavez, but Golovkin has stolen the spoils.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jupiter Maximus View Post
      Funny that you take it personally....its an internet boxing forum, not a country club...talk abouyt being a delicate flower!
      Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• He is trying to make easier money and more first, maybe he will fight Ward sometime after Jr.

Comment

• at people grasping at straws to defend Stevenson. Unreal.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            As of now ggg in #1 contender at mw and unranked at smw.
            I'm not excusing him. I just don't care that much because Golovkin vs the Martinez from the Murray fight isn't that compelling of a fight. If he doesn't fight Golovkin, it' a duck. Oh, well. Life moves on. Will Golovkin live up to what his handlers claim he is and challenge Ward?

I don't even care about Ward vs Golovkin to be honest. There' just a certain crowd here that's annoying the hell out of me.
            Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Have they made much of a fuss? Even loudmouth Sanchez was pretty supportive of martinez cotto
            Even while complementing it, Abel Sanchez is a douche about it.
            Originally posted by Abel Sanchez
            I think the furthest thing from Sergio's mind is Golovkin,' Sanchez said. 'Golovkin is a 60-pounder and I think Sergio now, at this stage of his career, with his age and his body breaking down, he' looking for a smaller guy. And I think Cotto-Martinez is a great fight for the boxing public. So I don't envision our name being mentioned again in regard to Martinez.
            http://www.boxingscene.com/abel-sanc...olovkin--71203

And of course they've made a huge fuss about wanting to fight Martinez. Are you really questioning that? Lets see Golovkin to do the same for Ward if Martinez doesn't fight him.
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 03-27-2014, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              There's the small matter of "down the line" Ward not wanting to fight Golovkin either. Ward wanted to fight Chavez, but Golovkin has stolen the spoils.
              Down the line means when Golovkin moves up. Ward was just trying to be classy by not explicitly calling out the smaller guy, but after the Chavez fight, Golovkin should be fair game. And since Golovkin stole his dear Chavez, the winner of the fight would obviously have to make do.

And even you think Ward isn't showing great interest, neither is Sergio Martinez. Nothing has stopped Team Golovkin from mentioning his name whenever they get the chance. Will they do the same for Ward?
              Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 03-27-2014, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• I thought Ward wasn't fighting right now. Legal issues with his promoter or something.

How the hell is Golovkin supposed to fight a guy that can't fight?

Comment

• Simply money and noteriety . Nice test for moving up to 168 making the most money

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    Down the line means when Golovkin moves up. Ward was just trying to be classy by not explicitly calling out the smaller guy, but after the Chavez fight, Golovkin should be fair game. And since Golovkin stole his dear Chavez, the winner of the fight would obviously have to make do.

And even you think Ward isn't showing great interest, neither is Sergio Martinez. Nothing has stopped Team Golovkin from mentioning his name whenever they get the chance. Will they do the same for Ward?
                    Again not sure why the callouts bother you so much. Any #1 contender should be calling out the champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      He's never fought above 160 and his first fight at 168 should be against the best in the division?

He's at least entitled to test the waters first, Larry. Who's to say the winner of GGG Chavez Jr won't fight Ward?
                      I share your view but it is the same way other people want Ward to face Steveson or Kovalev.

Let them test the waters. But also boxing is a business so star power almost always wins

Comment

Working...
                      X