Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Kovalev's team choose Cleverly over Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kovalev might have liked the terms of the Cleverly fight better. There is always more than one side to the story. I think Hopkins is lucky Kovalev didn't fight him because Kovalev would probably have knocked him out. Hopkins is a great fighter but he is 49 and living on borrowed time. If he continues to fight a bad ass like Kovalev will smash him into retirement. This guy Kovalev is one hell of a fighter and fears nobody. It's between him and Stevenson who is the best 175 pounder and it's plain as day Kovalev wants that fight much more than Stevenson does. Hopkins is probably no match for either of them. Remember Hopkins got beat by Dawson not so long ago and he is older and further past his prime now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Raw Dog View Post
      People hate to see n!ggas getting money and getting rich....lol
      thats exactly how I see this **** bruh, bunch of little ass dudes feeling all small and useless when Al Haymon signs someone lol they dont want to see the most important figure in boxing being a black man.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        Ugh Larry get real, mother*****r I'm as big of a Hopkins fan that you will find, but I don't believe every little thing he says! Hopkins took Murat over Kovalev, he was messing around for months before it was signed to screw with Murat..

If indeed the Hopkins fight was on the table as well as Cleverly, who do you think Kovalev would have made more money fighting? Hopkins all day, no way kovalev wouldn't take it! Everyone knows how much Bernard likes to mess with boxers minds! Don't bring up this **** to try and discredit another fighter just because you get an erection for Stevenson!

Comment

Working...
        X