Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Kovalev's team choose Cleverly over Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    This guy thinks they could have fought on Nickelodeon.
    HBO rejected GGG last fight, did GGG fight on HBO or Showtime in his last fight? NO.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      I really don't understand why all of the sudden certain posters are defending Stevenson to the death. I wasn't even aware they were fans of him.
      Larry is just pro black and sides with whatever decisions they make right or wrong. He is a now a showtime/gbp/AL Haymon groupie because Floyd is on their side.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
        HBO rejected GGG last fight, did GGG fight on HBO or Showtime in his last fight? NO.
        Who was he fighting? You are using HORRIBLE examples

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          Larry is just pro black and sides with whatever decisions they make right or wrong. He is a now a showtime/gbp/AL Haymon groupie because Floyd is on their side.
          Ah.

My take on all of this is that while I don't think Stevenson is "scared" of Kovalev, its a pretty clear duck by him and his handlers. They want the lucrative Hopkins package deal and if he were to get knocked out by Kovalev, which is a distinct possibility, the deal might go out the window.

Comment

Ah.

My take on all of this is that while I don't think Stevenson is "scared" of Kovalev, its a pretty clear duck by him and his handlers. They want the lucrative Hopkins package deal and if he were to get knocked out by Kovalev, which is a distinct possibility, the deal might go out the window.
            aren't people scared of getting knocked out?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              daggum, you are far too sharp, whats your diet

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                I see what you're getting at. Yea, in that sense, he's "scared" of losing his Hopkins retirement package, but not physically afraid of Kovalev.

I know, its kind of splitting hairs and for all I know I could be wrong. Regardless, its a duck and I'm not defending it.

Comment

Kovalev had been calling out Hopkins all year.

Schaefer was reluctant to make the fight and Hopkins was telling Kovalev to "go fight Cleverly".

Hopkins can pretend to the public he wanted to fight Kovalev if he wants, what I remember is Hopkins talking about cutting weight to fight Froch or Golovkin. He was back at it again talking about fighting Mayweather after he beat Murat. This guy had no interest in fighting Kovalev any more than Stevenson did.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    daggum, you are far too sharp, whats your diet
                    steady diet of bums. its called the al haymon diet and its catching on fast.

Comment

I really don't understand why all of the sudden certain posters are defending Stevenson to the death. I wasn't even aware they were fans of him.
                      LOL Really? They're flowmo's who love Al Haymon and by rights have to defend ducking in general because their hero is known for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X