Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Kovalev's team choose Cleverly over Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleverly was the weakest link!!

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      I really don't understand why all of the sudden certain posters are defending Stevenson to the death. I wasn't even aware they were fans of him.
      They are not his fans... It's a "secret fraternity" of some sort -- which acts with a single voice in the presence of certain stimuli...

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
        We all know what considering he had Malcom X on his signature and a bunch of references to such movements and looking at his nickname with the X... It is quite obvious.

And he will believe everything that his preferred fighters spew, he swallows that up like the mindless, manipulated fan he is.
        What do you mean by Considering he had Malcom X???

Comment

People hate to see n!ggas getting money and getting rich....lol

Comment

Showyime wanted the fight obviously and tried very hard to secure it until kovalev got scared f being knocked out by bhop

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              Ah.

My take on all of this is that while I don't think Stevenson is "scared" of Kovalev, its a pretty clear duck by him and his handlers. They want the lucrative Hopkins package deal and if he were to get knocked out by Kovalev, which is a distinct possibility, the deal might go out the window.
              In his last interview, as Adonis asked for the right money, a guy behind him said "the man is putting his life on the line"... (I can't find the original interview version; only selections)

Comment

Didn't HBO turn the fight down cause BHOP is GBP?

Comment

Go to 9:54

Acccording to Kovalev, Hopkins was indecisive. Whereas Cleverly immediately agreed.

Comment

Yup, only Floyd fans defend Stevenson's ducking just like others have pointed out.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                      Yup, only Floyd fans defend Stevenson's ducking just like others have pointed out.
                      Floyd fans aren't defending him. FLOMOS are, and there's a difference. I don't want to keep correcting you, Mexican Bobby Hill.

Comment

Working...
                      X