Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr: Gennady Golovkin is The Best Option Right Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... Normally 20-25 pounds...
    ... But I don't see team Golovkin taking this fight without a weight limit in the day of the fight...
    Nope, Chavez walks around at 200+ pounds, GGG walks around at about 170.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      He was clearly the A side of the Martinez PPV. He's one of the biggest draws in the sport, regardless of whether people think he deserves it.
      Yes, because after fighting at the top of the sport for 3-4 years with every fight on HBO, Martinez was not the one people were paying to see.

Chavez was paid more, probably owing to the exorbitant contract he signed with arum probably guaranteeing him that, and the fact that he was a pig going to slaughter, did anyone actually give him a chance in that fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I think it will be relatively easy. Both will eat shots, it will be fun, but Chavez is going to take a real beating. He's just not that good. I'm not predicting Chavez gets knocked out early, but he will get it bad in this fight.
        I don't think he will get it that bad, GGG's defense is very poor and he is not comfortable backing up. Chavez Jr is taller, bigger, and has a very good chin and underrated boxing skills(not his dad by any means) but if he's on point and uses his longer jab, we may see GGG get exposed in some kind of way by a big but limited fighter. I can see Chavez Jr trying to box and be successful at it against GGG's style, who's not exactly hard to find. It definitely won't be the slaughter people are already predicting. I do expect GGG to win, but if he does not win impressively, or even loses, it won't surprise me since I do not think so highly of him to begin with. But I think his fans will take it really hard, and the will get trolled badly. I mean Vera who's naturally a MW beat JCC IMO, so if GGG can't do it that's gonna look really bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truth. View Post
          Nope, Chavez walks around at 200+ pounds, GGG walks around at about 170.
          As I said: it's highly unlikely that team GGG would sign a fight without a weight limit for Jr. in the fight night!!!
          ... And a 200 pounds Chavez would be way to slow and would throw a very low volume -- which isn't a solution against GGG...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
            You just can't hate on Chavez jr. He will fight anybody and give a good fight. Only thing you may be able to criticize him for is the weight thing as he's been known to come in weighing around 175 fight night but he's always a fun watch.
            This guy ran from Sergio for as long as he could until he was force to fight him or face being stripped! This fat ass is a complete joke. He knows Ward would easily destroy him and GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              In relation to Adama's level, and GGG's hype, yes, I felt GGG looked mediocre at best. Definitely didn't look skilled or anything, he looked very angry and frustrated. The Adama fight really made want to see him in against Ward or Bika, his head would explode of anger. The thing is, anger does not win fights, not in boxing.
              He easily beat the **** out of him. Angry? He was his usual calm self

You're just making stuff up kev

Comment

• Jr's walk around weight is 185 now n days ... triple Gs dad passed away and he has been out of training his normal walk around weight is 173 pretty damm sure hes in the 180s now

Comment

• From the sound of things I think this fight does get made, Chavez seems to want it, and Gennady's team has been wanting a shot at Chavez for awhile(So they say anyway) Well they have their chance, sign the contract guys, it will be a hell of a fight, right after Independence Day! Can't wait..

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                    Where do people get this idea that Chavez is some kind of cash cow? He has only ever been the B side of a PPV, outside of the BS Latin Fury stuff the bobfather built him on.
                    Him and Martinez did good numbers and dude is bashing HBO ratings

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      As I said: it's highly unlikely that team GGG would sign a fight without a weight limit for Jr. in the fight night!!!
                      ... And a 200 pounds Chavez would be way to slow and would throw a very low volume -- which isn't a solution against GGG...
                      Yeah I'm not disagreeing, my point was Chavez is naturally the far bigger guy.

I think GGG needs move straight back down to 160 after this fight and stay there for now, he's an average sized middleweight, he shouldn't move up to 168 and risk losing fights until he's achieved everything he can at 160 and convinced everyone that he isn't a 'hypojob'.

Comment

Working...
                      X