No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr: Gennady Golovkin is The Best Option Right Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    The volume is why I'm confident Golovkin wins and wins somewhat dominantly. Chavez is not as hard a puncher as people seem to think. He has to beat guys up and wear them down to get stoppages against fighters he has 20 pound advantages on. His power isn't going to bother Golovkin that much, I don't think, and he doesn't throw that much to wear Golovkin down.

Meanwhile, his defense is far too bad to avoid what Golovkin is sending back, and if Chavez struggles with weight like he tends to those body shots will have him soiling himself.

A lot of the power talk comes from the Sergio Martinez KD and the Andy Lee KO

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogecca MaMa View Post
      neither has Jr fought on elite level. Martinez was his best fight and he lost it
      True. Except for the simple facts that Martinez is not only more athletic than GGG and a level above. GGG is a flat footed fighter which suits Jr. Style.

Comment

• War Chavez!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trudoe View Post
          Would love to see how GGG reacts to one of Chavez Jr's shots. He hasn't fought at 168 before so it would be a step up for him. Could be a really good fight.
          There is not "Could be" about it, this may in fact be fight of the year! There styles are perfect for one another. Neither fighter will have to look for each other. I don't think this fight goes the distance.

Comment

• Make it happen! I like both fighters but I got Chavez winning this fight.

Comment

• If Chavez takes training seriously, this could be a very good fight--FOTY candidate. GGG's style suits Chavez Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                Jr, isn't a jab guy... Not a volume guy either...
                Jr. will be Fighting for his Life, in this One....

He'll even have to Give Up Training, in His Living Room!!!

Cause GGG will be Coming to Decapitate His A$$!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                  If Chavez takes training seriously, this could be a very good fight--FOTY candidate. GGG's style suits Chavez Jr.
                  Both Cats have Good Whiskers, and Wack Pretty Good...

Props to JCC Jr. for taking the Challenge, He better Train For this One!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    after the demolition of Chavez, the legend of GGG grows even bigger

props to Jr tho...he went from Vera to fighting a monster
                    This should tell us just How Good GGG is...

I Hope The WARD CAT is Paying Attention!!!

Comment

• Both ducking the real champ, Ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X