Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr: Gennady Golovkin is The Best Option Right Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deanrw
    replied
    Chavez always struck me as a good strong fighter who was unmotivated. He better get motivated against Golovkin. Maybe this is what he needs.

Leave a comment:

• Basco
    replied
    Originally posted by CLUNG3-TANK View Post
    Hoo boy this is going to be great, one fight that will answer so many questions. I feel like anyone who feels certain on their predictions for this is either biased or delusional bc of so many factors; new weight and previous level of opposition plus chins/punching power.

Hopefully GGG Will take it to try and get settled into super middle
    I was thinking the exact same thing! This fight will answer lots of questions!

Leave a comment:

• TonitosWay
    replied
    Salute, Junior.

Leave a comment:

• ColdBlooded
    replied
    Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
    don't get your panties in a bunch when jr finds a way out.
    We thought that would happen for the Martinez fight, but that fight went through. Gotta give Chavez credit for fighting the best. A few years ago, who would have imagined that?

Leave a comment:

• STEELHEAD
    replied
    Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
    sounds like Chavez is finally ready to throw away his bag of weed and finally get serious about boxing.
    don't get your panties in a bunch when jr finds a way out.

Leave a comment:

• Evil Abed
    replied
    Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
    golovkin's power will be tested. people say he's the most ducked fighter today but we've never really seen how good hia defense is. hope chavez, jr. tests that chin

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    I'd say Curtis tested it. His chin and his D. Curtis has huge one punch power and fast hands. Curtis money punch is the left hook. Same with Jr.

Leave a comment:

• ColdBlooded
    replied
    Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
    Takashi Uchiyama is the WBA world champion , Bryan Vasquez is #1
    and Javier Fortuna is #2 just make Uchiyama a WBA super champion and have #1 vs #2 for the WBA world title
    Ah. Of course. The "regular" champion. Since it looks like Uchiyama will fight Garcia next, that means Garcia or Uchiyama will have to make a mandatory against either Vasquez or Fortuna soon.

Leave a comment:

• 285Kid
    replied
    Originally posted by ColdBlooded View Post
    Bryan Vasquez vs Javier Fortuna? Just curious, how'd you come up with that fight?
    Takashi Uchiyama is the WBA world champion , Bryan Vasquez is #1
    and Javier Fortuna is #2 just make Uchiyama a WBA super champion and have #1 vs #2 for the WBA world title

Leave a comment:

• HeroBando
    replied
    Originally posted by WilfredoGomezjr View Post
    Well my point is that he was given a title , he did not earn it .
    Better opponents passed on fighting him for the vacant belt. Chavez' wasn't much better, he was outlanded 2-1 by a paper champ who never beat anyone and got promoted from interim when Sergio was stripped cause HBO wouldnt televise him vs Zbik

Leave a comment:

• Hougigo
    replied
    Originally posted by ColdBlooded View Post
    Bryan Vasquez vs Javier Fortuna? Just curious, how'd you come up with that fight?
    WBA ordered that fight earlier this year, but Vasquez gonna fight a TR guy.
    Vasquez is the Interim WBA belt holder and a win would put them in line for Uchiyama again

Leave a comment:

Working...
X