Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mauricio Herrera: Loser…AND NEW Uncrowned Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is irresponsible journalism of the lowest quality, scraping the bottom of the barrel has new meaning. All of us have different opinions on a fight, it is only natural, especially one this close but articles like this, something that seems more akin to being a "fanboy" than an actual boxing fan, should never be published.

In my many years in the sport, the best writers I came across only wrote one or two articles such as this, most of them were about true robberies, such as Chavez's horrendous night against Whitaker. That was a robbery in almost every sense of the word. What happened last night was a spirited effort from an underdog against a perplexingly unpopular champion who has proven his worth by beating 4 former world champions, 2 of whom may be future Hall of Famers.

Writing an article of this ilk only fuels more unwarranted hatred, rather than providing a balanced view of events.

Comment

Karim Mayfield >>> Herrera >>> Danny Garcia

Comment

Great article. Great writer. That Lyle Fitzsimmons article ****** massive donkey ****.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterHardtop View Post
          This is irresponsible journalism of the lowest quality, scraping the bottom of the barrel has new meaning. All of us have different opinions on a fight, it is only natural, especially one this close but articles like this, something that seems more akin to being a "fanboy" than an actual boxing fan, should never be published.

In my many years in the sport, the best writers I came across only wrote one or two articles such as this, most of them were about true robberies, such as Chavez's horrendous night against Whitaker. That was a robbery in almost every sense of the word. What happened last night was a spirited effort from an underdog against a perplexingly unpopular champion who has proven his worth by beating 4 former world champions, 2 of whom may be future Hall of Famers.

Writing an article of this ilk only fuels more unwarranted hatred, rather than providing a balanced view of events.
          Garcia is not unpopular at all, hardly anyone dislikes him. Cliff etc just calling it as they see it. 12% of the expert scores for Garcia crosses the robbery threshold as did the open scores after round 4 for example.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            By Cliff Rold - Let’s be clear: Mauricio Herrera won the Jr. Welterweight Championship of the World.

Two of the official judges said different last Saturday. Open scoring let us know the third judge, who had Mauricio Herrera winning by two after eight rounds, somehow found three of the last four rounds to give lineal World Jr. Welterweight Champion Danny Garcia.

Boxing is great at making us laugh when it should make us scream.

Mauricio Herrera picked up his fourth official loss last Saturday. To most who saw the fight, he should have had his hand raised. As compiled by Boxing News, some seventy percent of boxing media providing scores for the fight felt Herrera won the bout.

Another 17% and change had it a draw.

The fight was certainly close, and the minority who saw Garcia the winner need not hang their head. Everyone is wrong sometimes.

Herrera deserved that win.

He should milk it for everything it’s worth. [Click Here To Read More]
            Beautiful read.
            Now can we move on. Lots of other so call robberies have gone less talked about...

Comment

Lyle Fitzsimmons, is that you?

Comment

No, what happened was a clear win by that underdog. When such a huge majority of boxing fans and journalists all see the same thing-a Herrera win-yet the judges saw something entirely different and unrealistic, I'm glad when articles like this acknowledge the true winner's efforts.

If you really believe that such a large majority of people think Herrera won out of dislike for Danny Garcia, then you're wrong.

Comment

This writer is sour loser and suck mexicans balls haha

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    No, what happened was a clear win by that underdog. When such a huge majority of boxing fans and journalists all see the same thing-a Herrera win-yet the judges saw something entirely different and unrealistic, I'm glad when articles like this acknowledge the true winner's efforts.

If you really believe that such a large majority of people think Herrera won out of dislike for Danny Garcia, then you're wrong.
                    I picked Danny to win. he didn't. Was it 'the worst' of bad calls? No. But it cost a guy one of the sports few outright world titles. That sucks. This is an editorial piece. Editorial is POV. This was mine. Nothing irresponsible about that.

Comment

Maybe if Garcia moved his head once in a while he wouldn't get punched in his face as much...I'm just saying.

I didn't see the decision as a "robbery" because I've seen (and we've ALL seen) worse decisions.
                      7-5 Herrera from me, for what it's worth.

Comment

Working...
                      X