No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mauricio Herrera: Loser…AND NEW Uncrowned Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonitosWay View Post
    Btw anyone who is preaching about how Danny just having a bad showing is either bias and/or didn't see the boxing lesson Amir Khan was teaching him before his infamous glass chin happened.

Danny Garcia hasn't shown me anything but solid power and a solid chin.
    I consider Danny an overachiever. He's kept proving doubters like ourselves wrong over and over. The Herrera fight finally showed the Garcia we always saw. But Danny is more than just power and chin. He's a smart, poised and determined fighter. Otherwise, he wouldn't have gotten as far as he has. Getting lucky one night is one thing; getting lucky repeatedly is another.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      I consider Danny an overachiever. He's kept proving doubters like ourselves wrong over and over. The Herrera fight finally showed the Garcia we always saw. But Danny is more than just power and chin. He's a smart, poised and determined fighter. Otherwise, he wouldn't have gotten as far as he has. Getting lucky one night is one thing; getting lucky repeatedly is another.
      Although I agree with you for the most part, what other instance of his career do you view as "lucky" besides his win against Khan?

Comment

Originally posted by TonitosWay
        Quote:

Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC

Although I agree with you for the most part, what other instance of his career do you view as "lucky" besides his win against Khan?
        Plenty....

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Like I said, I have watched the fight 3 times now and Herrera wins bigger every time.

Danny Garcia lost, and if you don't want to call it a robbery, fine but he clearly lost this fight.

Comment

Garcia just got lucky against Khan. If Angel hadn't said all that racist talk during the press conference then Khan wouldn't have fought so wrecklessly and he would have beaten Garcia fairly comfortably. He didn't even have a proper training camp for the fight because Roach was away training Pacquiao in Philippines so Khan pretty much trained himself for most of the camp. Quite a few external factors played a huge part in the outcome of that fight so it made Garcia look better than he really was. It was 80% luck, 20% skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              Like I said, I have watched the fight 3 times now and Herrera wins bigger every time.

Danny Garcia lost, and if you don't want to call it a robbery, fine but he clearly lost this fight.
              Garcia clearly lost that fight, it's pretty much irrefutable. Herrera put on a tremendous performance and the judges decision was ludicrous.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                He had an off night n tagged up. Simple!
                Every single time a fighter who is the favorite and is not suppose to lose and ends up losing this is always the excuse "He Had An Of Nigt" lol ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by TonitosWay View Post
                  I meant to put quotes around the second "lucky." I didn't mean to imply Garcia got lucky in several fights, more that he was expected to lose in several fights and managed to win. Khan and Matthysse are the two big examples. Many people expected him to lose against Morales in their first fight, and others thought Judah would expose Danny.

For the record, I'm not a big believer in "lucky" punches; unless, of course, the winner closes his eyes and delivers a "Hail Mary." The way I see it, one guy leaves himself open and the other guy takes advantage of it.

Comment

Great article, green K coming your way.

Comment

New uncrowned champion of what?

Comment

Working...
                      X