Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: No Garcia-Gamboa - Who The F*** is Gamboa?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's Fiddy?

Fiddy...! You better tell Arum who Gamboa is. Tell him he'll love him like a fat kid love cake........

Comment

• Originally posted by JFalu View Post
      This makes me glad. Gamboa did not deserve a title shot. Especially not the way they went about it on someone elses night right in the ring. It isnt WWE. And on top of that, make high demands for cash he isn't worth. Arum did the right thing. I applaud!.
      Indeed it would have been a good fight. But Gamboa didn't deserve it.
      mickey is that you?

Comment

• "Let it marinate." - Bob Arum

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdBlooded
          A fight between Garcia and a guy who hasn't fought since last June and hasn't looked impressive in years or a fight between Garcia and the top fighter at 130 (who is also an undefeated knockout artist) to crown a new champion in the division? The choice seems clear to me.
          Lmao go look thru all the Gamboa / Garcia threads and show me everyone saying they don't want to see Gamboa/Garcia and they want to see Garcia/Uchiyama instead . HaHaHaHa " Choice seems clear" your a funny dude .

Comment

• Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
            "Let it marinate." - Bob Arum
            Probably Arum is manipulating. Is difficult to know what he is really thinking. Sometimes he play with situations to gain something. He is a master of manipulation

Comment

• Originally posted by Respect Power View Post
              Lmao go look thru all the Gamboa / Garcia threads and show me everyone saying they don't want to see Gamboa/Garcia and they want to see Garcia/Uchiyama instead . HaHaHaHa " Choice seems clear" your a funny dude .
              Even HBO says they prefer Gamboa.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Well, if Gamboa was asking for crazy money and playing hardball then Arum could have just been totally exasperated with him (given their past history.) He wouldn't have had the patience to play the high-low game with him and so he just killed the fight.

That's around the time when Gamboa suddenly reversed gears and started publicizing that he would fight for $500k but by then it was too late.

Just conjecture on my part. None of us know what really happened.
                All possibilities. But, like you said, all conjecture.

The negotiations were almost certainly performed by 50, and/or his lawyers, with Gamboa possibly present. If the numbers weren't acceptable before, but they are now, there's no real reason why this fight can't still be made -- especially if HBO isn't interested in any other involving Garcia. Why would Arum be calling this fight dead if 500k wasn't acceptable, then or now?

Comment

• Originally posted by racostaa View Post
                  Even HBO says they prefer Gamboa.
                  That is the only good thing about this . Hbo is on our side with this one . They got they're own business to protect and they want to buy the best fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                    I ain't even mad at arum to be honest. This ninja bit the hands that fed him, now he groveling for a fight. Gumby should be mad at his advisors who killed his career
                    Sad to admited but I agree with your post, Gamboa has such great style to bring viewers to major TV networks but he, and only him is reponsible for the weak possision he is in, you do not pull out of a major company without having first a name and than a good plan...(see Oscar de la Holla, Floyd Mayweather Jr.) I can't blame Arum for being mad at Gamboa and keep him far away from big money fights, after all Gamboa did this to himself, but **** I wanted to see this fight so bad....and I pray for a miracle that Gamboa's carreer picks up pretty soon. Hopfully he'll realize the mistake he made by signing with Fitty and go some where else before is too late, as he is 32 years old. man that suck!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Respect Power View Post
                      That is the only good thing about this . Hbo is on our side with this one . They got they're own business to protect and they want to buy the best fight.
                      More than agree. They want the best because they are loosing ratings with Showbox. Probably is a game of Arum. When Rigo- Donaire I remember he played with the blood tests and so on. I still have some hope. Is incredible those guys will duck a fight in this manner. This time is rampant, without excuse, just ducking because I want to duck

Comment

Working...
                      X