No announcement yet.

So sick of people buying into hype and falling for the B.S

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    First of all, it's quite insulting to compare Castillo to Maidana.

Second, Mayweather handily won the rematch and has faced a number of slow come forward brawlers and downright lesser fighters since.
    I asked a question. Any answer? Was JLC a slow brawler?

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
      The bold has been established. He has actually done something lately. Khan hasn't done squat. I mean, when was the last time he looked good in a fight?
      And Floyd fans have been vocal that if he were to choose Khan it was a terrible fight. And it was. Why? Because Amir Khan just hasn't dont anything to warrant a fight with Floyd. You know it and anyone else with sense knows that. UK fans (not all) are seriously butthurt that Khan didn't get the fight and I find that laughable. Suggesting that he choose the "easier fight". LOL. Man we are talking about Amir freaking Khan. It's ridiculous.

If Khan wasn't British, none of them would give a **** if he got the fight or not.

Comment

The bold has been established. He has actually done something lately. Khan hasn't done squat. I mean, when was the last time he looked good in a fight?
        And Floyd fans have been vocal that if he were to choose Khan it was a terrible fight. And it was. Why? Because Amir Khan just hasn't dont anything to warrant a fight with Floyd. You know it and anyone else with sense knows that. UK fans (not all) are seriously butthurt that Khan didn't get the fight and I find that laughable. Suggesting that he choose the "easier fight". LOL. Man we are talking about Amir freaking Khan. It's ridiculous.

He did choose the easier fight. And to suggest it's only "UK fans" that are saying this is typical of the agenda.

Listen to the people within boxing who've commented on the situation and they've pretty much all said that Floyd chose the easier style and that Khan's style would have presented more problems.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          No. It was about the logic used by posters.
          Sgt Pepper made me lose all hope of logic being used here in NSB

We might as well just make jokes and talk about pubes in the lounge. And cats

Comment

If Khan wasn't British, none of them would give a **** if he got the fight or not.
            Absolutely. And here's the thing. Had he picked Khan, they would have supported Khan up until the fight. Then Khan gets whitewashed by a 37 year old and they diss him for even fighting Khan in the first place. What is going to be even funnier is when Khan fights again and looks like crap.

Comment

Iron, how would you classify MM's style? A pressure fighter or a slow brawler. Also, Floyd is 37 now and not in his 20s when he faced JLC. Any similarities you see?
              He brings the pressure, aggressive, definitely a brawler style.

I think Castillo was a lot better then than Maidana is now.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                This is one fight where Maidana's awkwardness might actually make for something interesting.

awkwardness, chin, power, willingness to come forward.

nobody says he's going to win. nobody even appears to be giving him a shot. he's just a better opponent than amir khan.

i give maidana a punchers chance, the same chance you give any fighter with genuine power.

Comment

Well I've wanted to see Manny Pacquaio and Sergio Martinez get the fight for years. I guess they were British too?

It's ok thought because Floyd can keep fighting these flat footed guys that make him look good and you can keep eating it up. TBE!

Comment

He did choose the easier fight. And to suggest it's only "UK fans" that are saying this is typical of the agenda.

Listen to the people within boxing who've commented on the situation and they've pretty much all said that Floyd chose the easier style and that Khan's style would have presented more problems.
                    Many of those people also said Khan didn't deserve the fight and wouldn't have won any way.

No one is saying your points are not valid, but your acting as if Khan deploys his skills at the level necessary to defeat floyd. He surely hasn't done this in the last 2 years.

Had he beaten Danny, he'd be fighting Floyd.

Comment

I LOL at that last line and you have kept saying it. Nothing about Khan's style would give Mayweather problems, man. Again, this is Amir freaking Khan.

Comment

Working...
                      X