No announcement yet.

Do you think Broner can come back?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Broner can come back?

Do you believe Broner will make a come back and become a star??Or will he go the Berto route and never win a major fight again??

I find Broner very interesting cause he can go north or south very fast..I personally think he should just go to 140lb unless he can land a Khan fight at 147lb..Another loss could really hurt his career imo..

What are some of your thoughts??
    Yes
    51.61%
    No
    20.97%
    who cares
    27.42%

I voted who cares because its clear he doesn't respect the sport nor the other fighters.

But to answer the question - he can get some decent wins at 140, where they'll be too small for him there. I think 147 is his ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
      I voted who cares because its clear he doesn't respect the sport nor the other fighters.

But to answer the question - he can get some decent wins at 140, where they'll be too small for him there. I think 147 is his ceiling.
      Matt's Peterson Garcia,hell even a Judah..Could all be very dangerous fights for Broner..I like it..

To the first part of ya post,if Broner does not respect the sport or his opponent..Then I very much doubt he can make a come back..To make it to the top of this sport you have to respect and dedicate ya self to it imo..

Comment

Yes, a couple easy fights followed by a vacant title over someone on his level. Will he beat an elite fighter in their prime? No.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          Do you believe Broner will make a come back and become a star??Or will he go the Berto route and never win a major fight again??

I find Broner very interesting cause he can go north or south very fast..I personally think he should just go to 140lb unless he can land a Khan fight at 147lb..Another loss could really hurt his career imo..

What are some of your thoughts??
          Yes, he easily can come back. If dude cuts out all the between fight BS, takes better care of himself between fights, and listens to those with more experience he will be fine. He has charisma, is a proven draw in Cincy and Brooklyn, and has the right people behind him.

Frankly, the only way he fails is if he continues to be like Duran outside the ring instead of inside it.

Comment

Look at what happened to Fernando Vargas after he got his ass whooped.

Fighters have bounced back from losses but not severe, violent beatings that last a long time and where they get bludgeoned.

Adrien Broner's chin might never be the same after Marcos Maidana teed off on it. I mean, Maidana hit Broner with every punch that exists in boxing -- jabs, right hands, uppercuts, hooks, overhand rights, lead left hooks.

Skip to 6:20 - Vargas' chin was never the same after the Felix Trinidad TKO loss. The light-punching Wilfredo Rivera knocks down Vargas with a small right hand.

Skip to 14:34 - Josesito Lopez gets knocked down by a light jab from an old Mike Arnaoutis who only has 11 KO's. This fight occurred five months after Lopez lost to Maidana by TKO.

Coincidence that Lopez' chin is not the same? No. Maidana permanently ruined Josesito's chin. Lopez' body was so traumatized in the Maidana war that now his body wants to shut down and preserve itself after receiving any punch on the chin, powerful or not. Lopez' body does this to protect itself.

Maidana ruined Broner. And that's okay. He deserved it.
            Last edited by punchr; 03-10-2014, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Yes, he easily can come back. If dude cuts out all the between fight BS, takes better care of himself between fights, and listens to those with more experience he will be fine. He has charisma, is a proven draw in Cincy and Brooklyn, and has the right people behind him.

Frankly, the only way he fails is if he continues to be like Duran outside the ring instead of inside it.
              Agree. Just as people were quick to crown him, we should not do the same to bury him. He's young and stupid. He can grow up. The loss may be the best thing for him.

I wouldnt call him a proven draw in Brooknam...he fought there once.

Comment

Come back and be a star? No I don't.

He's delusional. He doesn't live in reality.

He genuinely believes he has a good defence and doesn't get hit even immediately after he get's hit. Look at both the Pauli and Maidana fights and even sparring sessions, after he get's hit you can see or hear him say his favourite line after getting clocked in the face; "You can't hit me".

He refuses to acknowledge his flaws with is why he'll never improve. And he sure as hell won't be successful in his career or atleast reach stardom if he doesn't improve from where he's at now.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                  Agree. Just as people were quick to crown him, we should not do the same to bury him. He's young and stupid. He can grow up. The loss may be the best thing for him.

I wouldnt call him a proven draw in Brooknam...he fought there once.
                  The crowd had plenty of Broner supporters in it despite being in Paulie's hometown.

I may not always agree with how he uses social media to get attention-but he is effective with certain demographics.

I found it telling that the headline wasn't "Maidana won" but "Broner the loud mouth got his ass beat."

Comment

imo his power at 47 is suspect, but he's a solid fighter who is always entertaining and can definitely bounce back.

Comment

Working...
                    X