Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Broner can come back?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner needs some psycology therapy! If you understand what psycology really is, you know what I'm talking about. Focus son, focus!

Comment

He should go down to 140 and fight Zab "Stepping Stone/Name For Hire" Judah.

Comment

He definitely can. However his last fight just showed that the flaws people identified in the Quintero and PDL fights were real, and not the fevered imagination of closet racists as a lot of his fans preferred to believe.

Broner still has wicked handspeed and accuracy, and pretty decent timing. The problem is his heavy feet, which puts him right there for opponents who want to slug with him or break him down.

This wouldn't be so important if:

A. He was a real puncher
        B. He had an iron chin, or
        C. He had great defensive instincts in the pocket

At 130 and 135 and least some of those things appeared to be true, most of the time. But the Maidana fight suggests otherwise. The biggest problem is his relatively poor instinct in the pocket. He doesn't build off his opponents shots that well at all, and he doesn't have a great sense of what his opponent is going to do next. That's bad for a guy with his style.

He looked good in these areas at the lower weight classes because he didn't have to worry too much about what his opponent was throwing at him. No one was hurting him and he could focus on his own offense. That changed against Maidana.

Personally I don't see much hope for major improvement in this regard as an innate understanding of what's coming next isn't something that can be developed at Broner's age. It's something that needs to be engrained from way back.

However, the guy still has dazzling offence when he turns it on. It's just a question of can he really hurt people with it at 147. I think he can. He got to Maidana on a number of occasions and Maidana can soak up a shot. But he's going to need to condition himself really well and not eat himself out of the division too quickly as he looks in danger of doing.

You would have to question the likelihood of him being the elite level given the flaws he seems to have, but it's nonsense to write him off so quickly. He has decent tools at his disposal, if he has the maturity and intelligence to get that bit more out of them.

Comment

He'll be at the "Elite" level again when GBP wants him to. He can beat some guy in a comeback and they'll put him back into the P4P list

Comment

I believe that if there's only one fighter Broner can beat who has any tout, it's Amir Khan. He has more in the tank and judging from the interview he did on showtime. I think that mollying at the hands of Maidana may have actually done him some good.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
              He'll be at the "Elite" level again when GBP wants him to. He can beat some guy in a comeback and they'll put him back into the P4P list
              LMAO,that's crazy he was on the P4P list..I just did not get that at all..

Comment

Originally posted by Kai Proctor View Post
                I believe that if there's only one fighter Broner can beat who has any tout, it's Amir Khan. He has more in the tank and judging from the interview he did on showtime. I think that mollying at the hands of Maidana may have actually done him some good.
                I don't know bro,Broner and his trainer was acting like this loss was cause the ref let Maidana get away with rough house tactics..Broner needs to look in the mirror,sometimes the ref allows the other fighter to be rough..It's his job to adapt..Broner needs fundamental work..If he does not realize this he will just lose again..I hope your right and the Maidana fight help him see the light tho..

Comment

I dont think so. He wasnt just beaten, he was publicly humiliated. He has shown nothing to suggest that he has the character to bounce back.

Comment

I like Broner...I didn't think he'd get slapped around by Chino like that but I wasn't disappointed when it happened....as a Broner fan you had to see this train wreck coming, I was just hoping it hurried so the kid can get his mind right....we all got some sort of social media outlet, either here or twitter...we all saw his lack of focus from a far

I think he needed to rematch Chino....that lost will follow him and haunt him for a while....the mental part of his game might've taken a hit...those type of nights ruin fighters....if Broner can't make 135, he's gonna have problems with the relevant 140 and 147 pounders imo
                    Last edited by Mr. Philadel; 03-14-2014, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                      I like Broner...I didn't think he'd get slapped around by Chino like that but I wasn't disappointed when it happened....as a Broner fan you had to see this train wreck coming, I was just hoping it hurried so the kid can get his mind right....we all got some sort of social media outlet, either here or twitter...we all saw his lack of focus from a far

I think he needed to rematch Chino....that lost will follow him and haunt him for a while....the mental part of his game might've taken a hit...those type of nights ruin fighters....if Broner can't make 135, he's gonna have problems with the relevant 140 and 147 pounders imo
                      Great post..I completely agree..

Comment

Working...
                      X