No announcement yet.

Do you think Broner can come back?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He can easily come back.

Just not at 147 - for now at least. I still think the best bet for him would be to go to 135, but that's just not going to happen.

I can't see him beat Matthysse for example at 140, or Garcia, but everyone else could be beaten.

However, if he's not dedicated to improving himself he might as well just retire now, because he won't do fuk all then.

Comment

He can come back if he's given the right fights.

That's why his team wanted nothing to do with Khan at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        The crowd had plenty of Broner supporters in it despite being in Paulie's hometown.

I may not always agree with how he uses social media to get attention-but he is effective with certain demographics.

I found it telling that the headline wasn't "Maidana won" but "Broner the loud mouth got his ass beat."
        Yes he had fans there but he's not a proven draw there. There isnt really anyone that is King of Barclays yet. Not even Paulie. Petey and Swift bring in lots of fans.

Comment

He's not even full grown physically, mentally. And not fully developed as a fighter. It's too early to tell. He's not 28, he's 24. The next few years will be telling.

Comment

The hype bubble has been burst. He's one of the most overrated fighters of this generation and I don't think he'll ever perform well against top competition at 147, unless he gets matched with Featherweights Junior Lightweights who jump up to 147 for the first time just to fight him.

He can't make 135 anymore and its only a matter of time before he can no longer make 140.

Comment

Good point, I always wondered if I was the only person who watched Broner sparring, getting his head snapped back by his partners jab and then bragging 'you can't hit me!'

Weird, even everyone watching was laughing in that slightly embarrassed way.

I have given AB a little more slack since his beating by MM, but he is still acting like a deluded child outside the ring.

It will be very interesting to see who he picks for his next fight and how he performs.

He is a 'C' list fighter in a highly competitive division, if there was less talent within the WW class then he could be 'B' list, but for the next 3 years?

No chance.

Comment

They need to build him slowly. It seems like GBP is doing everything they can do to make PPV attractions in their stable knowing Floyd is on his way out.

Broner needs to establish himself at 140 and fight a credible foe on Floyds undercard. Though he remains marketable I don't think people would tune in on him fighting a bum to regain his confidence on his own card.

He's young and can grow into the 147 division not force himself to be there and he needs to dedicate himself to his craft and to the sport.

Comment

No every-time he steps up he will lose

he can stay fighting career lightweights and forcing them to come upto 140

Broner simply isnt very skilled, dodgy jaw, low punch out, no movement from head toe

Comment

"Come back?" No. He can't come back from the stylistic flaws that permeate the very essence of his boxing game. Whether he wins or loses will be solely dependent on how he's matched from this point forward. Put him in with someone more dynamic or strong enough to do damage and he's ****ed because he'll never have the ability to change gears and become a different fighter when it's required of him. Every fight he's had including the Malignaggi and Maidana fights are testimony to that. He couldn't get those legs moving to save his life. He has no other answers. No ability to make adjustments.

Comment

For the ones that voted don't care..

How can you NOT care about Broner??
                      He's so entertaining...when he wins, he chats so much crap you can't wait to see him again...and we all see what happened when he lost...100+ Post thread on NSB!
                      Gotta love to hate him
                      I can't wait to see him in the ring n the build up again.
                      Last edited by J.Dempsey; 03-10-2014, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X