Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santa cruz coming for rigo's soul!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think rigo would beat him... But I really wanna see this fight,, biggest fight at 122

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
      lol its a pipedream first of all that this fight even happens, 2nd i agree a high volume attack would probably be one of ur best shots at him but.... if u dont have power to hurt rigo what makes u think he wont counter. rigo is faster and is an excellent counter puncher. we've only see LSC against these guys who are good but almost look intimidated and get overwhelmed by the punches.
      It's actually very realistic. Rigo will fight once more for Bob Arum. I don't see why people bag on Bob so much on the Rigo situation.. at the end of the day Bob turned Rigo into a super star and gave him the shot at Donaire. Donaire could have played the duckweather game and never fought him and half these guys on here wouldn't be worshipping him. with that said, if anybody has a shot it is Santa Cruz and he wont be gun shy you can bet on that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by f4314n68 View Post
        who ever said santa cruz was a KO artist? All his fights are tactical aggression and he wears guys down. That is the only style that will beat Rigo.
        Helllllll NO. That's not the style that will beat Rigo.

A guy that will cut him off, has the same hand speed, and has very good power will KO him. A Kostya Tszyu type fighter at that weight class would be a good match up.

Only way you beat Rigo is by KO.

coming at him with oven mitt power and non laser like precision will get your head sent into the nose bleeds.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
          Helllllll NO. That's not the style that will beat Rigo.

A guy that will cut him off, has the same hand speed, and has very good power will KO him. A Kostya Tszyu type fighter at that weight class would be a good match up.

Only way you beat Rigo is by KO.

coming at him with oven mitt power and non laser like precision will get your head sent into the nose bleeds.
          So cruz has no power? That's false, I guaranteed nobody in here could go a round with cruz. And hes accurate, when have you seen him whiff at the air? idk I got cruz all day rigo is 33 and time isn't on his side. That's what I meant by tactical aggression, cutting off the ring, getting inside and beating that body.

Comment

So cruz has no power? That's false, I guaranteed nobody in here could go a round with cruz. And hes accurate, when have you seen him whiff at the air? idk I got cruz all day rigo is 33 and time isn't on his side.
            Cruz is a nice fighter, don't get me wrong. But he's not laser like with his precision and skills.

Mark my words. Only a Kostya Tszyu styled fighter with the same physical attributes as Tszyu could beat Rigo.

Comment

It's actually very realistic. Rigo will fight once more for Bob Arum. I don't see why people bag on Bob so much on the Rigo situation.. at the end of the day Bob turned Rigo into a super star and gave him the shot at Donaire. Donaire could have played the duckweather game and never fought him and half these guys on here wouldn't be worshipping him. with that said, if anybody has a shot it is Santa Cruz and he wont be gun shy you can bet on that!!!
              definitely, i think LSC is the biggest threat to the 122 throne. i have some hope for him because we've seen rigo floored against lesser fighters. at the end of the day i just cant see rigo losing at 122, maybe 126.

Comment

Rigondeaux would tame Santa Cruz with his precise counters. Santa Cruz is good, but he's never faced anybody remotely in Rigondeaux's league. Truth be told, Santa Cruz's opposition at 122 has been good, but not top notch. He's dominated two legit top ten fighters in Terrazas and Mijares, but hasn't really faced anybody in the real upper tier. Then again, I think he and Rigondeaux are the only guys in that upper tier.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdBlooded View Post
                  Rigondeaux would tame Santa Cruz with his precise counters. Santa Cruz is good, but he's never faced anybody remotely in Rigondeaux's league. Truth be told, Santa Cruz's opposition at 122 has been good, but not top notch. He's dominated two legit top ten fighters in Terrazas and Mijares, but hasn't really faced anybody in the real upper tier. Then again, I think he and Rigondeaux are the only guys in that upper tier.
                  donaire was pretty much the #1 fighter at 122 before rigo sonned him i always thought. donaire had a belt and was lineal champ (i think)... i may be wrong on that but anyway what rigo did to donaire who is a top tier multiple division champion was nothing short of amazing. rigo made donaire look awful, hes really not donaire is a great fighter and was the man for awhile... that just shows how good rigo really is

Comment

Rigondeaux is a terrific fighter. It also was a horrible style matchup for Donaire. Donaire was indeed lineal champion. He became lineal champion when he beat Nishioka, if I recall correctly. Fact is, if Santa Cruz wants to become king of 122, he's gotta go through Rigondeaux.

Comment

Oh no.... Anyone but him.
                      Last edited by Cuban Linx; 03-10-2014, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X