No announcement yet.

Floyd comes in overweight vs Marquez, pays him, no big deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Veras Iron Chin View Post
    Excuses. Not a thread backfire when floyd stans are the ones making excuses. See how you guys are the only ones acting like its different? Of course boxing fans were/are mad. You guys aren't boxing fans doe.
    146=1 pound under the limit

155=a pound over the limit

Comment

So to make things clear the TS is asking why the most hated boxer and athletes at the moment is not hated even more. Wtf?

lol some of you are so damn dumb.

Comment

Double standards?

Posters frequently shit on Floyd for just about everything, including for being overweight against Marquez. Hell, to this day they bring it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
          It was a big deal, though. It p*ssed a lot of people off. People didn't like Mayweather doing it, and they don't like Canelo doing it.

Obviously Mayweather's garbage fans will take a hypocritical stance over this but so will the the rabid Mayweather haters. Most sensible boxing fans know this is a ****ty move because again it shows that the cash cows seem to be able to make up the rules as they go along. I'm a huge Saul fan but this isn't cool.
          Brilliant post, end of thread as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

It is bad regardless of who does it, BUT:

Floyd Mayweather at that point had been a 5 weight world champion and none of those belts were handed to him by the sanctioning body. He had beaten names like: Corrales, Castillio, Prime Judah, De La Hoya and Hatton. He at that point was p4p#1/#2 even after a hiatus.

This is just an attempt to justify Canelo's career which was handed to him. He is fighting the biggest puncher of his career after 40 plus fights?

Canelo wins a vacant belt vs Matthew Hatton and defended against Alfonso Gomez,Ryan Rhodes and ancient Baldomir. Trout is the only win he can talk about, but for a guy who is hyped so much thats a joke. No big deal?

Comment

Canelo does the same exact thing, against a guy in his own weight class, and the world is going to end. Can anyone explain why there is a double standard here?
              I don't know where you've been, but Mayweather til this day gets **** for it on these forums.

Comment

Are people really this... stupid? Seriously. The scenarios are completely different.

Marquez jumped up a weight class for his first fight at WW and Mayweather still cheated him by 2 pounds on the scale.

Angulo has fought at this weight for years and was allowed to come in a pound over which is more comfortable for him as well.

I seriously shake my head at how unintelligent some posters are. It is truly disappointing and disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  No big deal? Idiots like TS have been making threads like this one crying about it for four some years already
                  I swear people live in a dream land.

Comment

No big deal? It was all any one talked about.

Comment

Canelo does the same exact thing, against a guy in his own weight class, and the world is going to end. Can anyone explain why there is a double standard here?
                      Because Floyd is part of the Affirmative action group you know like our worthless President

Comment

Working...
                      X