No announcement yet.

Floyd comes in overweight vs Marquez, pays him, no big deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Veras Iron Chin View Post
    Canelo does the same exact thing, against a guy in his own weight class, and the world is going to end. Can anyone explain why there is a double standard here?
    There's no double standard. HAven't you realized that people just b!tch no matter what is going on? It's human nature for some of these sad SOBs

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
      B.S, and you know it, had Floyd fought Marquez at 140 they still would have said Marquez was too small.Floyd fought Hatton at 147 but yet people said Hatton was too small even though Hatton won a belt at 147.And Floyd started his career at 130 and Hatton started his career at 140.

Pacquiao made Marquez jump 2 weight classes to fight him.And Pacquiao got a gift decision in that fight.Floyd was coming off of a 2 year layoff when he fought Marquez,so i give him credit for that win.Plus even before the weigh in,Floyd told Marquez that he couldn't make weight so then they renegotiated the contract.Floyd started his career at 130 which is his best weight and Marquez started his career at 126 which is his best weight.Plus Floyd was coming off of a 2 year layoff;so there was no real unfair advantage for Floyd.
      This is the perfect example of Floyd's delusional fans! Always making excuses! Floyd beats a women oh she deserved it!
      When did manny make JMM jump two weight classes?
      JMM first fight above 140 was the Floyd fight.
      So it's ok for Floyd to make some one jump two weight classes then cheat him on the scales but god forbid Floyd go to 160 an fight Martinez or GGG
      I'm willing to bet big $ that if Cotto pulls it off Floyd will jump at the chance to fight him at 160 and claim "he called me out" and you momo fans will beleive it

Comment

Canelo and Angulo are approximately the same size, while Marquez was jumping weight classes in order to fight Mayweather.

I'm also surprised the response wasn't the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          Dude Everyone knows Hatton got a gift against Collazo and small I'm talking about his height 5 foot 3 Floyd looked about 5 inches taller so don't tell me Hatton is 5 foot 6. If you think Hatton beat Collazo than I know your not smarter than a 5th grade. Who care about Delahoya's terms he was a shot fighter
          Even if you want to factor out Hatton and Oscar he was light years ahead in accomplishments than Canelo at that point.

Comment

Theres not the only people that are complaining are little Bit(hes

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
              This is the perfect example of Floyd's delusional fans! Always making excuses! Floyd beats a women oh she deserved it!
              When did manny make JMM jump two weight classes?
              JMM first fight above 140 was the Floyd fight.
              So it's ok for Floyd to make some one jump two weight classes then cheat him on the scales but god forbid Floyd go to 160 an fight Martinez or GGG
              I'm willing to bet big $ that if Cotto pulls it off Floyd will jump at the chance to fight him at 160 and claim "he called me out" and you momo fans will beleive it
              do you not pay attention to boxing? Floyd didnt make marquez do anything. There is footage of JMM calling out floyd and thats how that fight was made.

damn man are you that dumb that when ther is evidence in the world you chose not to see it?

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                Most people still refuse to let it go......what are you even talking about. If anything compare this to Salido and people defended that, most people know coming in heavy is crap in general and don't do the double standards....very few said okay Floyd good job....what people did say was JMM wasn't anywhere near Floyds level in skill and it showed so after the fight it became a non issue.

Salido it became apparent and an issue....this fight we'll see but I don't see Canelo using the weight as a bullying tactic but if he does it'll be a bigger issue.
                I think that fight was a little misleading because JMM jumped up two weight divisions to fight the p4p number 1, he didn't acclimatize himself to the weight. That was a big mistake.

Floyd would beat him again in a rematch but it would be a closer more competitive fight if it happened again now.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
                  I think that fight was a little misleading because JMM jumped up two weight divisions to fight the p4p number 1, he didn't acclimatize himself to the weight. That was a big mistake.

Floyd would beat him again in a rematch but it would be a closer more competitive fight if it happened again now.
                  Did you not see what Bradley did with Marquez? Today's Mayweather would shutout Marquez even worse than before in a rematch. Keep in mind, Marquez eagerly wants a rematch with Bradley, but he wants no parts of a rematch with Mayweather.

Comment

Oh **** I'm getting so sick of stupid double standard callouts. If he did this then why couldn't he did that and he did this and that blablabla

I'm not going to give my opinion on Canelo or Mayweather but come on are you seriously saying that you haven't seen anyone critizing Mayweather for coming in overweight against JMM? ugh

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post

Perhaps, but the reason it got overlooked later on was the pure skill differential and Mayweather not using his size to bully. Mayweather being 2 lbs over imo had no impact on the outcome of the fight and I still to this day have no idea why the **** he did that.

The point was everyone and their mom gave him ****, like they should Canelo. The one who didn't get too much **** was Salido and he used it to his advantage blatantly....that's who this thread should be about and double standards.

Comment

Working...
                      X