Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd comes in overweight vs Marquez, pays him, no big deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd fans most of them are reasonable except a bunch of of floydiots. They criticized Pac for everything but not Floyd when on the same situation.

Comment

Most people still refuse to let it go......what are you even talking about. If anything compare this to Salido and people defended that, most people know coming in heavy is crap in general and don't do the double standards....very few said okay Floyd good job....what people did say was JMM wasn't anywhere near Floyds level in skill and it showed so after the fight it became a non issue.

Salido it became apparent and an issue....this fight we'll see but I don't see Canelo using the weight as a bullying tactic but if he does it'll be a bigger issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
        Most people still refuse to let it go......what are you even talking about. If anything compare this to Salido and people defended that, most people know coming in heavy is crap in general and don't do the double standards....very few said okay Floyd good job....what people did say was JMM wasn't anywhere near Floyds level in skill and it showed so after the fight it became a non issue.

Salido it became apparent and an issue....this fight we'll see but I don't see Canelo using the weight as a bullying tactic but if he does it'll be a bigger issue.
        The blatant double standard that exists. Just because you don't want to see it doesn't mean it is not there.

Comment

Both fights are and was bs

Comment

Originally posted by Veras Iron Chin View Post
            You just called posters, radioraheem and hanzgruber, idiots.
            I never did any double standard. I just gave an explanation why many may feel like that, because there is a difference.

One doesn't make a catchweight limit, the other cannot make the weight division limit. So for instance, if Canelo didn't make the 152 lb catchweight against Floyd, I don't think Canelo would get any criticism for that. Instead, I think Floyd would get more criticism or others would cheer Canelo for not doing it. And that makes sense.

But when you can't make the weight division limit, that's the sign of a bigger problem. The problem being that you may be too big for the weight division.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
              i never did any double standard. I just gave an explanation why many may feel like that, because there is a difference.

One doesn't make a catchweight limit, the other cannot make the weight division limit. So for instance, if canelo didn't make the 152 lb catchweight against floyd, i don't think canelo would get any criticism for that. Instead, i think floyd would get more criticism or others would cheer canelo for not doing it. And that makes sense.

But when you can't make the weight division limit, that's the sign of a bigger problem. The problem being that you may be too big for the weight division.
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ truth

Comment

It was a big deal, though. It p*ssed a lot of people off. People didn't like Mayweather doing it, and they don't like Canelo doing it.

Obviously Mayweather's garbage fans will take a hypocritical stance over this but so will the the rabid Mayweather haters. Most sensible boxing fans know this is a ****ty move because again it shows that the cash cows seem to be able to make up the rules as they go along. I'm a huge Saul fan but this isn't cool.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                  I never did any double standard. I just gave an explanation why many may feel like that, because there is a difference.

One doesn't make a catchweight limit, the other cannot make the weight division limit. So for instance, if Canelo didn't make the 152 lb catchweight against Floyd, I don't think Canelo would get any criticism for that. Instead, I think Floyd would get more criticism or others would cheer Canelo for not doing it. And that makes sense.

A cw,or division weight, is a contracted weight. He came over the limit and had to pay.

You not seeing any fault with that, shows a double standard. The end.

Comment

Originally posted by Veras Iron Chin View Post
                    A cw,or division weight, is a contracted weight. He came over the limit and had to pay.

You not seeing any fault with that, shows a double standard. The end.
                    Wtf are you talking about everybody had a problem with that garbage i see you a fan boy or bias for bringing this up you dont seem to have a problem with saildo doing the same thing

Comment

No big deal? Idiots like TS have been making threads like this one crying about it for four some years already

Comment

Working...
                      X