No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leo Santa Cruz and the Sub-Rigo Youth Movement at 122

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Maybe so. But who is the king at 122, and where is he based?
    Rigo is the number 1 ranked title holder, he is no king.

He has to earn that by beating his rivals, not just one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post

If those "rivals" man up and challenge him, Rigo will knock them down one-by-one. No one wants to fight him. I wonder why.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation
        Quote:

Originally Posted by Cu****uyNYC

Maybe so. But who is the king at 122, and where is he based?

My boy D4 dropping more gems. Lmao

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Who is the king at 122, and where does he fight out of?
          He's a cuban fighter, who fights in the US, where the money is for him.

Just as the money is in the UK for Quigg and Frampton

Youll find his post states something along the lines of "What American fighters have they faced". What American fighters are there to face?

I have no problem if youre saying fighters don't want none of Rigo, I wouldnt blame them...but that was far from my point

Comment

If those "rivals" man up and challenge him, Rigo will knock them down one-by-one. No one wants to fight him. I wonder why.
            Well Rigo can spend the rest of his career fighting sub standard opponents in front of small crowds and not earning a lot of money and not making the most of his talent and fulfilling his legacy.

And when he largely forgotten about, broke in 20 years he will can comfort himself by saying they had to chase me.

Comment

Originally posted by Trudoe View Post
              Gimmie a fkn break... Quigg and Frampton?? Seriously?! Sorry mr author but you my friend are reeeeeeaching. These UK fighters need to stop staying home fighting domestic rivalries and jump into the fkn pool. Look at Burns... Soon as he stepped up to the top tier competetion of the sport which resides mainly in North America, he got his salad tossed in a non competitive fight. This is why I respect Karl Froch even tho he is an arrogant prick. He gets it and he fights the big names in the SPORT not just in his country. Quigg and Frampton will both be nothing. I can almost gurantee that once they step foot in the U.S. for good, they will become exactly what they should be, Journeymen.

Quigg has 29 fights.... All 29 in the fkn UK... and not ONE of them was an American fighter...

Frampton has 17 fights.... All 17 in the fkn UK... and not ONE of them was against..... drum roll please..... An American fighter. SMFH.

I wish these Prides of the UK would develop some balls like Sir Lenox Lewis had and fight ALL the top fighters in the world not just in their home country.
              Frampton's win over future IBF champ Kiko Martinez is up there as one of the best wins of the four named. Currently hes trying to put himself in a position to fight Leo Santa Cruz... Hardly the actions of a fighter without balls

Quigg is currently building a sound enough resume for this stage in his career fighting guys like Munroe, Salinas Cermano etc...

When the competition starts bringing in more fans and more viewing figures than Quigg and Frampton, then we can talk about them fighting away from home

Which american fighters at 122lbs should they be fighting?

Comment

Rigo's something of a rarity around here. Even the haters respect his skills.
                I don't know if "respect" is the word I'd use. "Acknowledge" his skills they do. But it irratates me to no end when these so-called fight fans on here applaud the possibility that Rigo's fights may not be televised. IMO, P4P Rigo is the best fighter in the world today. Floyd is the P4P King based on ability and accomplishments. But in a weight indifferent world, I'd pick Rigo to win a head-2-head fight. And I just don't understand how someone can call him or herself a fight fan and not wanna see that guy every time he's in a boxing ring.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                  He's a cuban fighter, who fights in the US, where the money is for him.

Just as the money is in the UK for Quigg and Frampton

Youll find his post states something along the lines of "What American fighters have they faced". What American fighters are there to face?

I have no problem if youre saying fighters don't want none of Rigo, I wouldnt blame them...but that was far from my point
                  I know what Rigo is. lol

Obviously there are good fighters fighting exclusively in Europe; but, historically, the best fighters are American, or fighting out of the U.S. If you're not fighting the best, you can't claim to be the best. If an American chess player wanted to prove himself, he'd have to travel to Europe, because that's were all the best players are.

The U.S. isn't well-represented at 122, but she still has more world champions than anyone else. Additionally, the world #1 super-bantamweight lives and fights out of the U.S. If those other guys don't want to fight Guillermo, how can they even be taken seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    Well Rigo can spend the rest of his career fighting sub standard opponents in front of small crowds and not earning a lot of money and not making the most of his talent and fulfilling his legacy.

And when he largely forgotten about, broke in 20 years he will can comfort himself by saying they had to chase me.
                    I'm not saying Rigo's demanding they chase him. I'm saying that, if those guys wanted to fight Guillermo, they're the ones who should be chasing him. We've entered a stage in boxing history where it's all about the business, not the sport. It'll slowly choke the life out of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                      I don't know if "respect" is the word I'd use. "Acknowledge" his skills they do. But it irratates me to no end when these so-called fight fans on here applaud the possibility that Rigo's fights may not be televised. IMO, P4P Rigo is the best fighter in the world today. Floyd is the P4P King based on ability and accomplishments. But in a weight indifferent world, I'd pick Rigo to win a head-2-head fight. And I just don't understand how someone can call him or herself a fight fan and not wanna see that guy every time he's in a boxing ring.
                      You're preaching to the choir, bro. It's discouraging. Some "fans" would rather watch two cavemen beat each other senseless than watch a master of the art at work.

Comment

Working...
                      X