Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leo Santa Cruz and the Sub-Rigo Youth Movement at 122

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gimmie a fkn break... Quigg and Frampton?? Seriously?! Sorry mr author but you my friend are reeeeeeaching. These UK fighters need to stop staying home fighting domestic rivalries and jump into the fkn pool. Look at Burns... Soon as he stepped up to the top tier competetion of the sport which resides mainly in North America, he got his salad tossed in a non competitive fight. This is why I respect Karl Froch even tho he is an arrogant prick. He gets it and he fights the big names in the SPORT not just in his country. Quigg and Frampton will both be nothing. I can almost gurantee that once they step foot in the U.S. for good, they will become exactly what they should be, Journeymen.

Quigg has 29 fights.... All 29 in the fkn UK... and not ONE of them was an American fighter...

Frampton has 17 fights.... All 17 in the fkn UK... and not ONE of them was against..... drum roll please..... An American fighter. SMFH.

I wish these Prides of the UK would develop some balls like Sir Lenox Lewis had and fight ALL the top fighters in the world not just in their home country.

Comment

I love the term "sub-Rigo."

Comment

Originally posted by Trudoe View Post
        Gimmie a fkn break... Quigg and Frampton?? Seriously?! Sorry mr author but you my friend are reeeeeeaching. These UK fighters need to stop staying home fighting domestic rivalries and jump into the fkn pool. Look at Burns... Soon as he stepped up to the top tier competetion of the sport which resides mainly in North America, he got his salad tossed in a non competitive fight. This is why I respect Karl Froch even tho he is an arrogant prick. He gets it and he fights the big names in the SPORT not just in his country. Quigg and Frampton will both be nothing. I can almost gurantee that once they step foot in the U.S. for good, they will become exactly what they should be, Journeymen.

Quigg has 29 fights.... All 29 in the fkn UK... and not ONE of them was an American fighter...

Frampton has 17 fights.... All 17 in the fkn UK... and not ONE of them was against..... drum roll please..... An American fighter. SMFH.

I wish these Prides of the UK would develop some balls like Sir Lenox Lewis had and fight ALL the top fighters in the world not just in their home country.
        *Appluase*

You can't be the best if you're only competing with local talent. Especially when, as you so accurately stated, most of the best boxers are in North America (The U.S., really).

Comment

Rigo ain't no dominant champ, he has only beat one real name at the weight in Nonito Donaire.

Lots of talented boxers at 122lbs, Rigo should fight some of them an earn this title that has been given to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Trudoe View Post

Is this a joke? Yes they fight in the UK...however they make much more money here. What do you expect ?

Typical US superiority over UK fighters? Nice example of Burns there, a fighter that wasn't particularly hyped up or even rated towards the top of his division.

The US has no power in this division at all, literally NONE. What American fighters should they fight? Frampton has already TKO'd Martinez, the current IBF champion, which is a good win. Quigg is quite an unknown force at the minute. I think it is apt they are called 'youth movement' here, they are up and comers to watch...

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              *Appluase*

You can't be the best if you're only competing with local talent. Especially when, as you so accurately stated, most of the best boxers are in North America (The U.S., really).
              What a load of rubbish, The US have little talent at the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                Rigo ain't no dominant champ, he has only beat one real name at the weight in Nonito Donaire.

Lots of talented boxers at 122lbs, Rigo should fight some of them an earn this title that has been given to him.
                Rigo's the man at 122, yet no one is stepping up to the plate. You want the champ to go chasing guys challengers? They ought to be coming to him. Why aren't they? Because they know certain defeat awaits....

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                  Is this a joke? Yes they fight in the UK...however they make much more money here. What do you expect ?

Typical US superiority over UK fighters? Nice example of Burns there, a fighter that wasn't particularly hyped up or even rated towards the top of his division.

The US has no power in this division at all, literally NONE. What American fighters should they fight? Frampton has already TKO'd Martinez, the current IBF champion, which is a good win. Quigg is quite an unknown force at the minute. I think it is apt they are called 'youth movement' here, they are up and comers to watch...
                  Who is the king at 122, and where does he fight out of?

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    What a load of rubbish, The US have little talent at the weight.
                    Maybe so. But who is the king at 122, and where is he based?

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      Rigo's the man at 122, yet no one is stepping up to the plate. You want the champ to go chasing guys challengers? They ought to be coming to him. Why aren't they? Because they know certain defeat awaits....
                      There are many title holders, great champions look to unify and clean out the division.

Why isn't Rigo looking to do that.

The fact is Rigo is not the biggest fight commercially for a lot of these fighters and Rigo needs to get off his high horse and chase the big fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X