Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Salido Powers Past Lomachenko With Split Nod Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as you never want to see such a potential star of the sport lose so early on, I viewed that as a win for the professional ranks. You simply have to respect the structures of the sport, the huge difference between the amatuers and pros.

Missing weight, the lowblows etc - Team Salido completely exploited the naivety of Lomachenko and his team.

Welcome to professional boxing, Loma.

Comment

Loma will be a world champion soon, but Salido took him to deep waters today.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        I didn't watch HBO, I watched boxnation and they gave the fight to Salido.

Lomachenko was boring. He ran too much and didn't throw enough but he fought a clean fight. As a boxing fan I don't like to see dirty fighters prevail with the ref's assistance.
        Holding is not fighting a clean fight, its a dirty tactic that is against the rules, they both fought horribly dirty fights, but Saldio was doing the damage.

Comment

I had it 116-112 for Salido. Too much too soon for Lomachenko, but I was very impressed by Lomachenko not making any excuses even though HBO was making them for him. HBO tried to blame the judges and Lomachenko said his job is to fight, then HBO tried to blame the low blows and Lomachenko said he is a clean fighter and can't say if Salido was doing it on purpose or not. Much respect to Lomachenko! I feel if they put a weight limit on the morning of the fight on Salido for missing weight then Lomachenko would have won, but that's Lomachenko's team's fault.

Comment

Lom should fight about 10 more fights and then go for a title and with 12 fights, he has a great chance to win the title. He'll do great but it was too soon tonight. But Salido is clearly over the hill.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Awesome win, loved it. Can't come in here skipping everyone, tryna win a major title. Low blows, missed weight, 147lbs on fight night, f-ck it, don't really care. You don't come in here like you're the Queen of England.
              lomachenko would win the rematch easily

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
                Salido was 147!!??!?!?!? Wtf.
                Chavez jr was 180+ against the small Martinez and Sergio still manage to put a beating on him lol. Stop with the excuses if lomachenko was so special that wouldn't of been an issue.

Comment

Got home around the 7th-8th round. Was it a good decision?

Comment

loma, the WBO & his team didn't respect their opponent & didn't respect the fact there were other contenders who earned a ranking so salido didn't respect the WBO or it's belt by not making weight... eye for an eye... bad for boxing all around & both parties are guilty for this black eye...

Comment

Originally posted by iniduoh View Post
                      Dammit, Knew I should've put money on this fight, ****! The same thing is going to happen to GGG as soon as he step into the ring with a live dog, it never fails. Lomachenko did nothing in the professional ranks to deserve a shot at the at any title, I don't care if it was a bubble gum title. Knew Salido would probably win. After all Salido has proven in the last couple of years, they're still sleeping on him. He deserves a big money fight.
                      It's ****** to money on any inexperienced fighter like Lomachenko. Salido on the other hand Salido has upset the odds multiple times. I made money of both Juanma fights. I didn't put any money on Salido tonight because I just had to pay all my bills and kinda broke until next week.

Comment

Working...
                      X