Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did we miss out on the best of Manny at 140 and 135lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's not doubt his best weight classes would've been 135 and 140. The evidence is right there with the Hatton fight. How many 140 lb. fighters do that to Hatton?

His movement, speed, power, and stamina was absolutely brilliant at that weight, and barring a few fighters here and there, I don't think he has trouble with any of the fighters if he stayed there.

Could you imagine a 140 lb. Manny taking on guys like Lucas, Danny, Ruslan, Peterson, Alvarado?

He would've been the king of that division, and it would most likely be the most popular division to this day....

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      he would've probably beat him anyway. the point is we didn't lose out on seeing the best Manny at 135/140, which was the TS question.
      I'm not saying you hate Manny, but you're coming on awfully strong with a slanted view, leaning towards being a biased critic.

Comment

Originally posted by justcuz View Post
        I'm not saying you hate Manny, but you're coming on awfully strong with a slanted view, leaning towards being a biased critic.
        I'm not manny's biggest fan thats true. But I said we wouldn't have missed out on seeing the best manny. How is that being biased?

Comment

I'm not manny's biggest fan thats true. But I said we wouldn't have missed out on seeing the best manny. How is that being biased?
          But you're saying it so matter-of-factly, when you yourself surely saw the Hatton fight. You didn't see the potential in Manny at 140?

I don't see many fighters doing that to a 140 lb. Ricky Hatton. The evidence is clearly there to show Manny's potency at that weight. I don't really see how there's a case to be made that if Manny stayed at those weights, he wouldn't have been just as successful, and probably more so.

Comment

In my opinion we did, 140 more so than 135.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingjames6 View Post
              No one would've ****ed with PAC at those weights.
              Except of coarse the great Juan "Dinamita" Marquez!

Comment

Originally posted by justcuz View Post
                But you're saying it so matter-of-factly, when you yourself surely saw the Hatton fight. You didn't see the potential in Manny at 140?

I don't see many fighters doing that to a 140 lb. Ricky Hatton. The evidence is clearly there to show Manny's potency at that weight. I don't really see how there's a case to be made that if Manny stayed at those weights, he wouldn't have been just as successful, and probably more so.
                I said we didn't miss out on seeing the best Manny. when did I post or imply he wouldn't have been successful at either weight?

In no way shape or form am I saying that him staying at 135/140 would be detrimental to how he is as a fighter. The only potential pitfall is a bad performance, which is possible, may have negated him getting the ODH fight.

Is that really that controversial or biased?

If you are saying we missed out on the best because he would've had more KO victories-I don't see it like that. If we saw the best manny vs Hatton, then we saw the best Manny and wouldn't have missed out on anything.
                Last edited by The Big Dunn; 02-26-2014, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lx!! View Post
                  Except of coarse the great Juan "Dinamita" Marquez!
                  The funny thing is, Manny had the most success, and looked the best against JMM in their rematch, which was at 130. Funny enough, JMM was extremely hittable at 140, and didn't look his best there. Guys like Katsidis and Diaz were giving him hell at that weight.

In the end, I just think JMM was so obsessed with Manny, that he knew him inside and out.

Comment

I said we didn't miss out on seeing the best Manny. when did I post or imply he wouldn't have been successful at either weight?

In no way shape or form am I saying that him staying at 135/140 would be detrimental to how he is as a fighter. The only potential pitfall is a bad performance, which is possible, may have negated him getting the ODH fight.

Is that really that controversial or biased?
                    Hence, why I replied to saying, "you're saying it so matter-of-factly" as if you know for a fact that we didn't miss out on the best version of Manny.

All I'm saying. No need for arguing. I'm not calling you biased. I personally think we did miss out on the best version of Manny, and you obviously don't. Differing opinions is all.

No hard feelings, brother.

Comment

If you are saying we missed out on the best because he would've had more KO victories-I don't see it like that. If we saw the best manny vs Hatton, then we saw the best Manny and wouldn't have missed out on anything.
                      No. I'm simply saying the best version of Manny, period. A comfortable Manny. one that doesn't have to ingest as much food to keep the weight on would've been even more deadly, imo.

And who knows, maybe he takes out some more fighters in early fashion like Hatton, and he doesn't take additional damage in his fights at 140. Thus, saving his body more at that weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X