Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did we miss out on the best of Manny at 140 and 135lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    TS question-Did we miss out on the best of Manny at 140 and 135lbs?

Big DUnn's answer-NO, then I explained why Manny would be the exact same fighter.

How in the **** is this undermining Pac's career?

The problem is 3rd world *******s like you who can barely read or comprehend English.

your ghetto ass dweller should realize that those 3 fighters you mentioned would not be even on pac's radar based on their performances at 135 should pac stayed at lightweight...so what's the point mentioning their names?

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
      That's dumb because PAC beat Marquez 3 times and the forth time he was handing Marquez a pizza face beating before he got caught...anybody can get caught and get knock out ( plus it's no secret that Marquez only won because of Memo invisible pill ).
      plus it's no secret that Pac got alot of those wins because of Ariza magic shake

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        dude, the topic could be PAC giving some random homeless guy a house and Dunn would find something wrong with it

such a pac hater that moron is

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
          your ghetto ass dweller should realize that those 3 fighters you mentioned would not be even on pac's radar based on their performances at 135 should pac stayed at lightweight...so what's the point mentioning their names?
          I live in the ghetto, thanks, I didn't know.

had he stayed there he surely would've had to fight guzman as he was considered the best at 135. Raheem, again, had just beaten Manny foe Morales. I also agree with some of the other names you mentioned.

The point was, as I think you now see after reading all my posts-Going to 147 rather than staying at 135/140 IMO did not cost us seeing the best manny. why? Because As I also posted-he would likely beat these guys but possibly not in spectacular fashion.

Your response to my post was ridiculous and wrong. Hopefully, you will be adult enough to admit it!
          Last edited by The Big Dunn; 02-26-2014, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
            lol another ****...so what if he's 6'1"? pac is a much better fighter than him.

besides the point i was really trying to make is...how can you get the chance to fight pac if you got ktfo by funeka a few days after pac-diaz like raheem?

or can't make the weight like guzman? and corley...never mind.

those 3 guys were not pac's competition had he stayed at 135 so there's no point mentioning their names.

pac's name would've been attached to guys like juan diaz, campbell and casamayor.
            They are vastly different fights~ Manny is better but that doesn't mean he wins automatically and fights where Manny had to make stuff happen against a guy actively trying to stop it he had issues. Being bigger like Funeka creates openings and causes problems that can't be easily replicated by a guy smaller or of similar size. Also Guzman didn't fight Funeka until 2009 Manyy fought Diaz in 2008 so what does him losing to Funeka years after Manny left have to do with him no being worthy of a shot~

Casamayor, and Campbell were losing plenty of fights and it is not like David Diaz who he fought was on any sort of great run

Comment

He probably would've never fought alot of the guys at that weight, because his promoter was keeping him away from those type of fights. He admitted it read the whole quote ""You got Mayweather, an African American that don't give a damn that's a faster fighter than Pacquiao is. I think he would have beat the daylights out of Pacquiao, but I knew what I was doing by avoiding those types of fights for Pacquiao".- Murad Mohammed

so the argument is pointless, it was not meant to make it a may-pac thread. It was pointed out that Murad wasnt putting Pac in fight where he thought he would lose.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                I live in the ghetto, thanks, I didn't know.

had he stayed there he surely would've had to fight guzman as he was considered the best at 135. Raheem, again, had just beaten Manny foe Morales. I also agree with some of the other names you mentioned.

The point was, as I think you now see after reading all my posts-Going to 147 rather than staying at 135/140 IMO did not cost us seeing the best manny. why? Because As I also posted-he would likely beat these guys but possibly not in spectacular fashion.

Your response to my post was ridiculous and wrong. Hopefully, you will be adult enough to admit it!
                guzman was never relevant at 135. he got destroyed by funeka then in the rematch came in 9 pounds overweight and that was essentially the end of him.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  guzman was never relevant at 135. he got destroyed by funeka then in the rematch came in 9 pounds overweight and that was essentially the end of him.
                  he would've probably beat him anyway. the point is we didn't lose out on seeing the best Manny at 135/140, which was the TS question.

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
                    I have to beg to disagree with you bro, PAC has fought his way to P4P recognition and imho he was no heir to anyone even to floyd, it was Oscar's miscalculation the pushed PAC to stratospheric stardom, the golden boy effect, which floyd was also a benificiary...

would anyone here choose to watch pac vs zahir, guzman, corley or the one he actually fought after oscar, hatton, cotto, marquez etc....
                    ya i got disagree as well part pacs draw was him beating up bigger guys even if they were tailored made for him it was still very entertaining

Comment

There's not doubt his best weight classes would've been 135 and 140. The evidence is right there with the Hatton fight. How many 140 lb. fighters do that to Hatton?

His movement, speed, power, and stamina was absolutely brilliant at that weight, and barring a few fighters here and there, I don't think he has trouble with any of the fighters if he stayed there.

Could you imagine a 140 lb. Manny taking on guys like Lucas, Danny, Ruslan, Peterson, Alvarado?

He would've been the king of that division, and it would most likely be the most popular division to this day.

Comment

Working...
                      X