No announcement yet.

Documents reveal Ali vs Liston was fixed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading comprehension people.

FBI SUSPECTING the fight was fixed does not mean it was fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
      Reading comprehension people.

FBI SUSPECTING the fight was fixed does not mean it was fixed.
      Of course it was suspected nobody was tried in court, but them knowing Liston bet against himself and made his retirement cash, was all that needed to be said

It would have been a waste of time and money taking this to court because no one would talk, plus nobody got killed here no harm no foul......

Comment

dont be rediculous

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Short but interesting article. I doubt we'll ever know the real truth about the Ali-Liston fights. They were both suspect. While Ali might've legitimately beaten Liston on both occasions, Sonny was very possibly in on a fix in their two meetings. I don't think Muhammad was ever in on it. Ali's reaction to Liston's "fall" in the second fight suggests he suspected Sonny took a dive.
          I'm not saying it was fixed, but it's a fight that always had that suspicion over it. The "phantom" punch was truly phantom, and everyone who studies boxing knows of the mob ties Liston had.

That's undeniable. I think it's very plausible, Liston was a monster back then and to get KO'd with a shot like that raised a lot of questions.

Comment

Originally posted by JFalu View Post
            dont be rediculous
            Why what's wrong?

Comment

It's the dailymail ....a tabloid...... /thread.

Comment

Uk newspapers are stupid. The Sun put out a story about Amir khan and coke. And then Stephen Espinoza said that affected his chances to get a Floyd fight ....

Comment

how do you change a headline that says the fbi AT ONE POINT IN TIME suspected the fight was fixed to, "documents reveal it WAS fixed"

Comment

Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
                    how do you change a headline that says the fbi AT ONE POINT IN TIME suspected the fight was fixed to, "documents reveal it WAS fixed"
                    Youtube things the dailymail says causes cancer....you better have a lot of time on your hands....it'll show you their credibility.

Comment

Dumb article wont even open on my iMac i7 quadcore computer. What a piece of $h!t article. Probably fate stopping me from reading taint about the Greatest to ever do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X