Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got done watching Mayweather-Cotto.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Cotto could make 147 and only moved up because there's no fights there? He should go back down then if he could make it, Marquez, Bradley, Rios, are all pretty winnable and lucrative fights for him. I would pay to watch Marquez vs Cotto, and I would love to see Bradley-Cotto as well. Cotto-Rios would be a fun fight.

But this is of course if Cotto is the same size as Floyd, or smaller, and could easily make 147. Like Floyd being 148lbs 1 month away from the Guerrero fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TedMosby0311 View Post
      Actually tale of the tape had Floyd listed as 5'8 while Cotto was listed as 5'7
      Sure.

But height doesn't equal size though, surely?

Mike Tyson is listed as 5'11 as is Celestine Caballero.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Cotto say's he can't make 147 though.

Perhaps he's lying but I can't seem to see the logic if he is.
        He says that because it's easier for him, he doesnt have to work as hard. When he fights with a layer of flab around his mid section that was never there at 140 and 147 it's obvious he isn't a true jmw.

Plus he's never beat a good fighter at 154. His junior middleweight campaign is an illusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
          and i realized that floyd sr. wouldn't have allowed that fight to be that close. floyd won 9-3 or 8-4 depending who you ask but i have no doubt in my mind that floyd would've fought like he did in round 12 for at least 8-10 rounds if floyd sr. was the trainer......i think there would've been a stoppage tbh.
          Ok and lets not forget to add Freddy to that mix because Cotto would try to destroy his rib cage that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
            He says that because it's easier for him, he doesnt have to work as hard. When he fights with a layer of flab around his mid section that was never there at 140 and 147 it's obvious he isn't a true jmw.

Plus he's never beat a good fighter at 154. His junior middleweight campaign is an illusion.
            exactly, i think cotto is good enough to mix it up at 154 but he's not going to be a world beater at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
              he didn;t fight everyone at 147(pwill and floyd)......and yes cotto is naturally bigger than floyd. cotto was killing himself to make 140 and floyd started out at 130, when floyd moved up to lw he was being outweighed by 9lbs.
              Mayweather wasn't an option at the time but yes he already fought everyone else when he moved up Pacquiao, Clottey, Margarito, Judah, Mosley there was nothing left there for him plus Arum set up a nice opportunity to immediately become a champ again by fighting Yuri Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by TedMosby0311 View Post
                Actually tale of the tape had Floyd listed as 5'8 while Cotto was listed as 5'7
                yea but what about the body mass/weight.....who is the bigger fighter, arguello or someone like say montell griffin.

Comment

Sure.

But height doesn't equal size though, surely?

Mike Tyson is listed as 5'11 as is Celestine Caballero.
                  You're making Cotto out to be some monster which simply isn't true

- Ted Mosby

Comment

I believe that Mayweather fell in love with his ability to "Walk people down" and "Stand toe to toe" like he did with Mosley and then Ortiz that he kind of mis judged his own strength.

After the Mosley fight a lot of people were talking about how Mayweather was the much stronger of the two etc

To me, Mayweather really isn't that strong. He's underrated in that area but he's not a strong fighter that's going to bully other fighters.

He tried to same programme with Cotto and got a rude awakening when Cotto was clearly the much stronger of the two.
                    Yeah I agree, I think that Mayweather is physically kinda strong.. But if you have followed Cotto through his career you notice that the guy is VERY strong physically for his size! He was much stronger than guys like Joshua Clottey who's a beast and Mosley!

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post

Yeah I agree he's definitely not a true Jr MW especially for today's standard. He's small compared to the other guys.

I think it's more of a case of a sticky situation for him. He can't make 147 but he's not big enough for 154.

I think if he could make 147 he'd be fighting there at this point.

Comment

Working...
                      X