Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got done watching Mayweather-Cotto.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
    jesus christ mayweather is overrated

floyd, unless he is straight out running or throwing to keep you off, he gets the ring cut off on him all the time, matter of fact it's his habit of just jumping straight back, he puts himself on the ropes

he cant out hustle elite pressure fighters like cotto unless he is sprinting around the ring, and that for the most part only lasts about 3 rounds before he tires

and guerrero put no pressure on him until about the 9th, the majority of the early rounds were staredowns as guerrero was trying to execute his ******ed gameplan of boxing floyd in a game of counter-punching exclusively

and he attempted to box cotto like he usually boxes, keeping that nice distance where he can potshot you from, if you throw or come at him he will 80% of the time jump back, needs that 20% to keep you guessing, what makes him elite

only time i saw him stand his ground was when cotto hurt him and he didn't have his legs to move, floyd despite the label of "coward" always bites back when push comes to shove, when cotto hurt him he wanted to hurt cotto back, pushing forward however, not his specialty either at this level, cotto outboxed him, floyd got his senses and went back to a more active role added ontop of his usual distance keeping style instead of pushing forward to quickly, helped that cotto was fading as he usually does by that point
    when was floyd ever hurt in that fight?

Comment

Originally posted by TedMosby0311 View Post
      After fighting at JMW after what 3-4 years he would be dead making 147. Just like Dawson was when he fought Ward. Could he make the weight? Sure. Will it cost him the fight? Probably.
      so if floyd can make ww without being a dead man, how are they the same size???? wasn't floyd like 151 on fight night vs canelo for their cw fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
        when was floyd ever hurt in that fight?
        6th round, left hook, at the beggining of the round

after that punch floyd is taking everything cotto dishes out flush for awhile, alot of people simply saw it as cotto outboxing floyd though, cotto probabley thought so too

i dont think he noticed that he hurt floyd
        Last edited by SplitSecond; 02-24-2014, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Cotto showed Floyd absolutely no respect from the weigh in to the 12 round. Floyd thought he could push Cotto around until Cotto picked up Floyd like a rag doll in round 2 and nearly threw him out of the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
            6th round, left hook, at the beggining of the round

after that punch floyd is taking everything cotto dishes out flush for awhile, alot of people simply saw it as cotto outboxing floyd though, cotto probabley thought so too

i dont think he noticed that he hurt floyd
            i think we have different definitions of being hurt, mosley definitely hurt floyd.....i just got done watching that fight and there were no "mosley" moments in that fight. cotto might have stunned him though.

Comment

Originally posted by chargerhemi06 View Post
              Cotto showed Floyd absolutely no respect from the weigh in to the 12 round. Floyd thought he could push Cotto around until Cotto picked up Floyd like a rag doll in round 2 and nearly threw him out of the ring.
              yep.....cotto is way stronger than floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
                and i realized that floyd sr. wouldn't have allowed that fight to be that close. floyd won 9-3 or 8-4 depending who you ask but i have no doubt in my mind that floyd would've fought like he did in round 12 for at least 8-10 rounds if floyd sr. was the trainer......i think there would've been a stoppage tbh.
                I had it 7 rounds to 5 for Mayweather, Floyd did nothing in some rounds Cotto might have missed a lot but he was busier fighter and I don't give a round just because he's Floyd Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                  I had it 7 rounds to 5 for Mayweather, Floyd did nothing in some rounds Cotto might have missed a lot but he was busier fighter and I don't give a round just because he's Floyd Mayweather
                  i had it 9-3(cotto won rounds 3 and 6 but he gave floyd the business in the 8th)....i don't see a 7-5 fight. what was your scorecard?

Comment

I had the fight 8-4 Mayweather. He clearly wasn't in his comfort zone the majority of the fight, he HAD to cranked his punch output against Cotto to win most of his 8 rounds. Cotto was cutting the ring beautifully and his jab was just lethal against Mayweather.

Cotto was more successful on the ropes but he was also successful in the middle of the ring (rounds 4,5,and especially 6 which Cotto clearly won) Myweather HAD to fight Cotto, He didn't have any other choice.

Comment

Working...
                    X