No announcement yet.

Is Joe Frazier really an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Joe Frazier really an ATG?

Don't get me wrong I respect the guy for his toughness and heart but is he really an all time great?

He's known for getting absolutely destroyed by George Foreman and for losing a trilogy to Muhammad Ali, probably the greatest HW of all times.

I know he did beat Ali once but that's it, he lost to "The Greatest" two times. Of course it's not a shame to lose a fight to Muhammad Ali.

But, lets be honest here, winning one fight against coming back from 4 year break Ali is not enough to be considered an ATG.

New England gonna rip you a new butt hole.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
      New England gonna rip you a new butt hole.

Comment

Nah....................top five amatuer heavyweight, Olympic Gold Medalists, Undefeated Pro Heavyweight Champion who defeated Undefeated ex-Heavyweight Champion (considered the top one or two heavy ever) unanimously in the mecca of boxing Halls. (then)

So no he was ordinary at best!!! Styles make interesting bouts in boxing sometimes styles can be one sided especially in the heavyweight division where the best fighter can loose to the better fighter that night!

Ray Corso.

Comment

What exactly is your criteria in determining ATG status?

Frazier was one of the best of his era. His only losses came against Ali and Foreman. He has some very good wins with Ali being by far the best. I believe he's an ATG.

Comment

ATG left hook ATG man ATG boxer

gtfo.

Comment

He is known for being in the Fight of the Century, and winning it.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
                Don't get me wrong I respect the guy for his toughness and heart but is he really an all time great?

He's known for getting absolutely destroyed by George Foreman and for losing a trilogy to Muhammad Ali, probably the greatest HW of all times.

I know he did beat Ali once but that's it, he lost to "The Greatest" two times. Of course it's not a shame to lose a fight to Muhammad Ali.

But, lets be honest here, winning one fight against coming back from 4 year break Ali is not enough to be considered an ATG.
                While I do agree his greatness is superbly overrated, dude was exciting as fuck to watch.

Comment

Lol that's nsb for u.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    Nah....................top five amatuer heavyweight, Olympic Gold Medalists, Undefeated Pro Heavyweight Champion who defeated Undefeated ex-Heavyweight Champion (considered the top one or two heavy ever) unanimously in the mecca of boxing Halls. (then)

So no he was ordinary at best!!! Styles make interesting bouts in boxing sometimes styles can be one sided especially in the heavyweight division where the best fighter can loose to the better fighter that night!

Ray Corso.
                    I'm talking about pro boxing here Ray not amateurs and the fact is that the highlight of his career was a win against Ali and that's it. Other than that he's never done anything worth to be considered an ATG.

He was a undefeated Pro HW Champion, a former olympic gold medalist? So is Povetkin.

He fought in MSG? Who gives a shit

Comment

Working...
                    X