Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why on earth do people think Froch will beat Groves in the rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    Maybe early in the fight..As the fight wore on tho,Froch was clearly the hard and more accurate puncher..His shots also was inflicting more damage as well..Even tho I think Groves can grow from his experience in there with Froch..An immediate rematch would not be to Groves favor,imo..
    I can't agree with this at all.

Froch was continously hurt throughout the fight and looked sloppy at the best of times. Groves was a lot more pinpoint accurate and had Froch backing up throughout the entire fight - Other than the first Mikkel Kessler fight, I don't think that's ever really happened before.

Comment

Froch clearly won the round before the stoppage and was winning the round of the stoppage, with Groves looking pretty shaken at the time. There were three whole rounds to go, and we can't be sure either way what would have happened. Why exactly is it crazy to think Froch will win the rematch?

Comment

Anyone who thinks froch didnt take Groves seriously is an idiot.

McCracken said that they didn't want the fight in the first place. And to be honest I doubt they wanted the rematch either. But their hand has been forced.

Groves has a massive chance now, and like a few of you have said in previous posts Groves is to either go all out early or play it safe by ambushing Carl with speed..

Personally Groves should avoid trying to knock Carl out, he's most likely to tire himself out before that happens.. Ambushing is his only option, if he does this effectively for 12rnds he could win a nice points victory..

On the other hand, Froch & Mccracken know they have to knock Groves out. And I think they will be gunning for groves from the 1st bell.. As long as froch has trained extensively on blocking the over hand right, they will have a good chance of stopping it.

Making Groves reach in will be key for a froch counter..

Still Froch Ko having said all that is my opinion.

It will be a war
        Last edited by bboy80; 02-17-2014, 03:55 PM.

Comment

With little to no confidence in the pick I'm gonna say Groves takes a decision. but as i said little to no confidence ... froch could well stop him late. the one thing I don't see happening is froch winning on points ... unless Hearn has the judges in his pocket

Comment

Think Groves wins this one easy, Froch did not underestimate Groves he just did not have the tools to do anything about it. A 37 year old coming off the worst beating of his career will not get better in a rematch. This time i fancy Groves to stop Froch, but if after 5 rounds Froch is still there i expect Groves to go to the boxing and coast to a fairly easy points win. Remember one is a fast improving young man who handed out most of the punishment last time and one is a 37 year old shop worn fighter would took a hammering is showing signs of being on the slide. One winner for me this time as long as Groves uses his brains and does not get drawn in to Froch's plodding attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              Aside from the 1st Round KD, Froch never looked in serious trouble, despite taking a number of big shots, and whilst Groves' head hunting was getting all the attention, Froch was steadily working away at Groves' body.
              I'm sorry but that just wasn't really the case. Froch was badly stunned and stopped in his tracks several times in the fight. That is extremely unlike him. Normally he grins when he gets tagged, likes a tear up, and soldiers forwards inviting the battle. Here he was regularly stopped from coming forwards, discouraged from attacking in his usual way, stunned as visible by his face numerous times, on wobbly feet, mentally shocked and confused how to deal with the problem in-front of him.

I give Froch a good shot in the rematch still. But to say Froch was only in serious trouble in round one, is not reasonable.

Comment

Groves will have to Knock out froch, because he will not last for 12 rounds.
                Groves hit Froch with everything hes got in the first fight and didn't get the ko.

Froch will fight smarter, not get hit as much, and will force a mid to late stoppage

Comment

Originally posted by hogey View Post
                  Think Groves wins this one easy, Froch did not underestimate Groves he just did not have the tools to do anything about it. A 37 year old coming off the worst beating of his career will not get better in a rematch. This time i fancy Groves to stop Froch, but if after 5 rounds Froch is still there i expect Groves to go to the boxing and coast to a fairly easy points win. Remember one is a fast improving young man who handed out most of the punishment last time and one is a 37 year old shop worn fighter would took a hammering is showing signs of being on the slide. One winner for me this time as long as Groves uses his brains and does not get drawn in to Froch's plodding attack.
                  no tools to do anything about it? besides pummeling groves around the ring and hurting him multiple times. people seem to forget that happened. classic underdog emotional bias.

coast to an easy win? the only reason groves was in the fight was because he attacked froch and froch couldn't get off. when his attacks slowed he became less effective and froch started coming on strong. groves obviously doesn't have the defense to just sit back and coast.

Comment

No, Froch was not taking the lad seriously last time. TBH it only took one hard punch
                    and Groves was woozy.

I think Froch comes in like Roy Jones did against the guy who beat via a DQ, and KO's Groves very early. Within 3 rounds.

Comment

groves gonna gatti froch just like last time!

Comment

Working...
                      X